Friday, July 02, 2010

Friday 'Not So Light' Nights

Hey, I used to enjoy the downtime of Friday night. Now, I have to go home and do this stinking P90X routine. It's difficult, and I don't get to vegetate and watch TV. In fact, we are really getting behind on our TV watching.

Still, it inspired today's cartoon. I started with another punch line in mind, but this one fell out as I was writing.

Bella and Kendall are taking swim lessons, and the skills were evident last night at swim time. Kendall can kick well, and Bella is doing very well at swimming to Mommy and Daddy. They were working with her on keeping her arms moving as she swims.

The other day, I sort of detoured through a parking lot when I reached an intersection under construction. Since I passed by a Goodwill store, I checked on games. That's how a friend found his copy of Who Stole Ed's Pants?. I found a different kind of domino game called Highrise. Maybe I'll make someone play it with me this weekend. It cost $1.99. Even if it is bad, it could be worth that. And I have been playing Dominion with the lunchtime game crew these past couple of weeks. We sort of alternate that with Bang!.

I need to check on maybe renting a bigger lens before we make our trek up to the Grand Canyon for our anniversary. Yes, that taste of the 300mm I got to use during our family reunion made we wonder about what my next lens should be. Maybe I will go with a 12-24mm for gorgeous wide angles? Or maybe a zoom with a 300mm top end so I can zoom down into the depths of the canyon? We'll see.

3 comments:

Keith said...

You can rent them?

CrazyUncle said...

Yes. Tempe Camera has 37 options for Nikon bodies, ranging from $35/wk up to $185/wk. I would probably opt for the lower end of that range, They offer 10.5mm wide angle through 300mm like the one we used in La.

Keith said...

How about buying something off of eBay? Haw can you know if it is decent?