Thursday, February 25, 2010

Torching for the Olympics

I know that many of you are praying about the Olympics. No, not for the athletes, although that is a good idea, but that they will end soon and I move on to another theme for CoV. For today, you should not be surprised that I have an Olympic theme in the cartoon. Of course, a theme doesn't mean it is really about the Olympics. I just use a theme as a jumping off place and then let me mind wander. Speaking of jumping, read this.
We watched Tuesday's LOST last night. True, I did not watch it when it was on. Well, I have Chorale practice, and Don't Tell Me What I Can't Do. Spoiler alert: Jack cries. We also watched the latest Damages. Oo, the next one looks interesting. Then, we watched...the Olympics. Here, the prime time coverage last until 11pm, and that is too late when I am getting up around 5am. So, we keep missing the best skiers, or skaters, or whatever. And curling is on during the day, so we miss that, too. I have not seen any hurling, so that is good.

Hey, did y'all see that Kathie updated Facebook about me liking curling? Many snide comments were made. Of course, had any of you said that about your loved ones, I would have gladly chimed in myself. Well, except for the fact that I rarely read or update Facebook directly. This blog does get posted there each day, so it may look like I update.

Well, my time here has come to an end. Tomorrow's CoV du jour is about Biathalon. Skiing, shooting, there is no telling where I might take it.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Just in case you forgot (or never read the news headlines), Kim and I were on a trophy-winning curling team in Canada. We were invited to join one winter and decided it might be fun. At the end of the season, we had probably played six or eight times, but the odd combination of a few wins and some strategic losses and withdrawals of other teams caused us to end up with a trophy!
Eat your heart out, Mr curling admirer!
The Preacher Bro does it again!