Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sci Fi Flying High

Let's jump straight into CoV so I can comment on it.I actually wrote this well before the actual State of the Union address, so it has nothing to do with the content. After seeing enough of these, you can almost predict what each will be saying, and often, the speech might as well be science fiction. So, for you Democrats out there, this is not at all related to whatever he might actually have said. For you Republicans, it is a pot shot at any president, regardless of political affiliation.

Speaking of sci fi, Mom and Dad really liked Avatar, as I suspected they would. It is as much or more about the story telling as the story itself (which contained few surprises). If any of you plan to see it, I highly recommend IMAX (although I did not see it on a regular size screen, so I do not really have any idea how it scales).

Speaking of sci fi again, I have not yet watched LOST. Since I don't get home until well after 9pm on Tuesdays due to Chorale practice, it was too late to start it. I do plan to see it tonight.

No comments: