Monday, May 09, 2016

To Sum It Up, I Use Math. To Paint You a Picture, I Use Art. No Time? How About a 20-Second Update?

Welcome to Math 101. OK, maybe it's a little more complex...102? Anyway, can you figure this first puzzle out?
























Apparently, there are two possible answers, although the creator of the puzzle says one of the answers is wrong. Of course, I got the one he says is wrong. Read the specifics in this article. Anyway, how about one based on fruit?






















Did you get 16, or 15, or 14? It IS one of those. You can check your answer here.

We were at an annual Mother's Day Brunch at daughter-in-love's house yesterday. OK, sure, it is the same house as SS, but she does all the cooking, so she gets the credit. Anyway, by the time we got home, I just forgot to load any photos. However, after going to Kirklands on Saturday, I captured a few snaps of artwork that I liked. Let's share some now.

First, a couple of dreamy NYC-inspired paintings that I liked. Is the first one the Empire Status Building? I think so. And the second looks like the Brooklyn Bridge.



















The colors in both of the above paintings are kind of muted. Do you like that, or do you prefer bolder colors? How about this one of a bridge in a Fall landscape?


















In 2001, the TED talks were facing a change in leadership. The lady who would take it over gave a 15-minute talk convincing everyone it could survive a leader change. Here is one of the things she included in the talk.
"Oh, and I broke the tension with an apocryphal anecdote about France’s Madame de Gaulle and how she shocked guests at a diplomatic dinner by expressing her desire for “a penis.” In England, I said, we also had that desire, although we pronounced it happiness, and TED had brought genuine happiness my way."

I came across a savory looking recipe to make cauliflower even better. BBQ-ey, a little sweet, a little spicy. They say you can do the same recipe with chicken.














Sorry, but I must introduce a little sadness into today's post.
























No explanation needed for this photo of someone who resembles a fictional character.
















It is Monday, but that does not mean we cannot share a drawing from the corrupted coloring book.
















I have GOT to be better about writing down my ideas for new CoV comics. MBH and I were talking over the weekend about... something (no, I am not being secretive. I just can't remember)... and I came up with a clever response that we both thought would make a good Clarity of Vision. By last evening, it was gone. Again this morning... nothing. However, as I review old comics, I do sometimes have ways I can revisit them.

Oh, here's a good one to revisit.























And Monday is off to a good start. Well, except for the fact that it is a work day, and I had to wear a suit today, and it is getting warmer every day. Other than that, though....

Have a Marvelous Monday, and check back soon for more shenanigans.

No comments: