Thursday, May 19, 2016

Survivor, Musical Mania, and Lincoln Gets an Eye-Patch

Did you watch the finale of this season of Survivor? We did. Were you surprised that [name omitted] won? Is that who you wanted? I have not yet watched the interview show afterward. Maybe tonight. The finale did include an excellent twist on an immunity that I had never seen before. I did see a teaser for next season from Jeff Probst:
"It will be Survivor: Millennials vs Gen X. It will hook you quickly because you will identify with one group or the other. The differences between the two groups are quickly apparent, and the Millennials often left me challenging my own way of looking at the world. There is so much appealing energy from the Millennials, and yet often that energy leads to quick decisions that aren’t always well thought out. With Gen X, you see a tendency to overthink and get stuck in one way of thinking, which can prevent mistakes, but can also hold you back from seizing opportunities. I feel really confident the audience is going to enjoy the season very much."

What that does mean is that I forgot to load photos last night. Sorry.

Today's 365 Stupidest calendar entry:
It’s all about finding that rhythm, accelerating as hard as you can without lactating too much.
cyclist Magnus Bäckstedt

And from the Bad Jokes and Puns calendar:
Sitting by the window in her convent, Sister Margaret opened a letter from home and found a $10 bill inside. After she read the letter she caught sight of a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against a lamppost below. She quickly wrote, “Don't despair, Sister Margaret” on a piece of paper, put the $10 and the paper in an envelope, and dropped it out the window. The stranger picked it up and, with a puzzled expression and a tip of the hat, went off down the street.

The next day Sister Margaret was told a man was at the door for her. She went down and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a roll of bills. “What's this?” she asked.

“That's the sixty bucks you're owed. Don't Despair paid five to one.”

Here's a sad but true headline I spotted this morning from NYT. Why is it sad? Because we are already seeing signs that will be true for us. Even worse, it is tempting because I really want to see Hamilton.







This morning's shower song was 'American Tune'. It was written by Paul Simon, and he does it well. However, I was thinking of the a cappella version by Starland Vocal Band (SVB). What made me think of that? Last night, I was looking to download this week's free music from our local library, and I came across John Denver. Two of the members of Starland co-wrote "Take Me Home, Country Roads" with him. So, I looked up Starland and found several references to Paul Simon saying that he heard the arrangement by SVB and decided it was their song, written by Paul Simon. However, I cannot find reference to Paul saying that, so it is hearsay to me. Hearsay, I say.

As I write today's blog, I am listening to some music on youtube. I found this Jazz and Beatles album while researching the SVB story above.


















I have another of the Remove a Letter Change the Plot Twitter posts for you.
























I also am continuing sharing the defaced bills. This could be a good look for Honest Abe.

















Why yes, I DO have another clever business name to share with you.


















Why yes, I DO have a Clarity of Vision comic to share.























Why yes, I DO have to get to work. It doesn't do itself, you know. Don't we all which that it did? Anyway, I am still getting pounded over the Leasing Return project, so I need to get some meetings set up on the last few (for this particular lease. There are 17 more after this one). You probably have things to do, also. See you soon.

No comments: