Thursday, May 26, 2016

Does Popping Up in the Grand Canyon Makes You Less Miserable?

I think this statue was near the 9/11 Memorial, but either way, you can see the GRANDS playing and acting as if they were stealing some of the contents of his briefcase.
























I do know where this photo was taken, though. When we went to see Les Miserables on Broadway, we were on the left side of the front row. When Jean Valjean sang the song 'What Have I Done?', he says "I'll escape now from the world. From the world of Jean Valjean. Jean Valjean is nothing now. Another story must begin!" (He sings this at about 2:50 in the video linked above). He tears up his yellow ticket-of-leave and throws it up in the air. Before that, I had noticed there was a net over the orchestra pit, and the yellow ticket fell onto the net, but did not fall through. It was very close to me, so when we reached intermission, I hurriedly snatched it up and saved it. I expected it to be a blank piece of paper, but it actually looks like a prison pardon. I have promised to give it to the GRANDS, but have not done so (actually, I forgot about this until I saw the photo).
















Here, you can see some of the words. His name is clear, and the date is just over 200 years ago. Can you believe they would tear up such a valuable historical document? Pretty cool.






















I saw a cool pop-up book made of Legos. Yeah, how can that be? Those are 3D materials, so how can they flatten? Well, watch the video and see for yourself. Pretty cool, I must say.













You may have noticed that today's post is more robust than yesterday's. Yes, I am back at the office. Yes, I feel better. Thanks for asking.

No caption required:






















The dude that does special request Photoshop edits to client photos is back. This guy asked the Photoshop expert to "put me in Star Wars." I thought a better caption would be "So, Rogaine is not a face cream?"





















Remember the 'Remove a Letter, Change the Plot' photo I shared the other day. Well, there are more of those, and here's one we Muggles might enjoy.
























I think it is illegal to deface US currency. I think people do so anyway.











Many times, I can think back to why a certain song comes to mind during my shower. Today, I have no idea. I was thinking of 'On the Trail' from the Grand Canyon Suite by Ferde Grofe (the link is actually the famous Disney Studios film with an abbreviated version of the Grofe piece), first performed in 1931. No, I was not there. Watching the Disney video, though, reminds me that I was thinking to pick up an inexpensive drone for some Rocky Mountain (and family) videos this summer. I want to start with a low-cost drone because I have heard that you crash a lot while learning.

Being back in the office also means I have a vision to share with you that should give clarity to life and happiness. Actually, it will probably not do either of those things, but it does amuse me, so here goes.























Being back in the office also means I need to do some work. So, here goes. Have a Thrilling Thursday.

No comments: