Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Double Your Comic Pleasure, Double Your Comic Fun

Let's start right off with an apology. I forgot to load my Clarity of Vision comic yesterday. I thought it was clever, so I will share it with you now. Better late than never, right? Hmm, maybe that cliche works for everything except a CoV.












BTW, no, I have not yet chosen a new computer, but I am still shopping.

Some years ago, there was an ad campaign for Doublemint gum (it even used twins). Anyway, that was the source of today's post title, and you can see there are two CoV comics included since I forgot to share one yesterday.

'Go to church and live longer' is the finding from research by the Nurses Health Study. Some naysayers suggest there could be other factors at play, "such as the possibility that healthier people are more likely to go to church, perhaps because they are more mobile." It sounds plausible, but I am not a scientist.

I think I found a job I can handle, or rather, found a no-longer-a-job job I could do. After all, I know how to not coach.









I didn't find anything else in today's news, but as always, I have some stuff ready to share. First, I didn't get around to sharing a calendar entry from Saturday.
Patient: Doctor, help! I was playing the harmonica when I accidentally swallowed it!
Doctor: You're really lucky!
Patient: What?! How?
Doctor: At least you weren't playing the piano!

And the other one from last Saturday (I get two each day, right? A Stupidest Things Said calendar and a Bad Jokes one):
Game show host Bradley Walsh: Who wrote the “William Tell Overture”?
Contestant: William Tell?
on The Chase

From the Twitter chain of 'Remove One Letter from the title of a movie and Change the Plot':
























And some clever defaced money:











A less-than-upbeat page from a corrupted coloring book:


















I came across a cool shot of Ouray glowing golden at night here. Who's ready for a family reunion?













While I was on that site, I chose a group of photos for our analysis. As always, I wonder which you would choose for your house?  I would go for the reflections #1, and probably November Freeze #2. My eye keeps getting drawn to the green and yellow fields, but not to hang in my house. More because it is an amazing shot if those colors are truly natural (and of course, I have to assume that they are).

















I will not forget to share today's CoV like I did yesterday. Today's topic occurred to me in the shower today (and so, I did not have a song in my head). I do have a 1pm-5pm project meeting today, so I was getting ready for it mentally, and thought about the challenges if some of the participants are remote.












To help me get ready for today's session, my VP wants to talk to me in about an hour, so I should probably prepare just a bit. Have a Tremendous Tuesday, my friends.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I'm totally with you on the choices for artistic photography.

I'm ready for a reunion!

I thought today's CoV was especially funny!