Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I don't know if I'll Be Back. Maybe only if you Carry Me.

This photograph was taken near the 9/11 Memorial in NYC, I liked the look of these buildings reflected in one of the skyscrapers. I cannot find the names of those buildings, though.

















We then went one of the memorials (9/11 Tribute Center, where the displays are focused on the people rather than the act) and it was amazingly emotional. Here is a shot of many of their faces.
























On the side of Engine Company 10 and Ladder Company 10 of the Fire Department of the City of New York, there in the Memorial Wall to the 343 members of FDNY who lost their lives that is really impressive.
















To show the full wall (starting from the opposite end of my shot), I pulled a photo from the official FDNY Memorial Wall site.


















I saw this on the world wide web and thought it was Star Wars-related at first. It's still funny, though, even as priests.





















Have you ever been falling asleep and your body jerks a little and wakes you up? I certainly have. Why is that, I wonder? No, I don't really wonder because I found an article that (sort of) explains it. By the way, it is called a hypnic jerk (I think a girl I dated once called me that) or sleep start. I learned those names for the article.

It this true?
























I don't think I had any song in mind during my shower today. If I did, it was quite unmemorable, since here, two hours later, I cannot think of it. One good thing about songs is that tonight is Chorale practice. That is always fun for me and puts such great songs in my heart. Yesterday, during work, one of those songs came to mind. It was Carry Me by Kyle Hill. The song begins with "Carry me,Father God, on Your strong eagle wings of love. Thro' the storm keep me safe; Thro' the tears and all my shame, Carry me."














I found a new batch of funny photos on the web. They imagine weapons replaced by selfie sticks. Here's one for today. "I'll be back ... for another photo later."
















Today's cross-promotional CoV is Disney + Game of Thrones. However, I think it is OK if the queen asks, "Who's the fairest of them all?" now.





















That's enough for now. We can have more fun another day if you don't call me a hypnic jerk. After all, I am the fairest of them all.

No comments: