Monday, May 23, 2016

I Am a Promise. Yes, I am.

A few years ago, MBH and I were driving through North Louisiana with the folks when I began to wonder how close we were to where Bonnie and Clyde were killed. You can see them below. I kept the verbiage with the picture because I thought it funny that they had to tell us that Bonnie was on the right. Sure, I know the names may not be obviously male or female to people from a different culture and language, but it was humorous to me. Why is this memory in today's post? In today's NYT 'On This Day' note, "On May 23, 1934, the bank robbers Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were shot to death in a police ambush as they were driving a stolen Ford Deluxe along a road in Bienville Parish, La." BTW, no, we were in the right region, but not on the right road.




















How well do you know the state where you live? Here is a map depicting the fastest growing city in each state? Are you familiar with the city in your state?















Poor old thing. Don't you feel sorry for him? I found it on the web. This is not our dog. Do not come to our place expecting to see him.






















The dude that takes Photoshop requests is back. Here's today's offering.




















One of the cool things as part of the 9/11 Memorial in NYC is the names inscribed in a railing around the reflecting pools. You can also see the scale of the site by the size of the people on the other side.
















Here is the family looking at the Survivor Tree on the World Trade Center site.
























Here's an inspiration shot that I wouldn't mind looking for next time I am at Yosemite.
















Today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar entry:
Any definition of homelessness that suggests that people haven’t got a home is not good.
British deputy prime minister John Prescott

I did not have a song in my head during today's shower. Sadly, I was already doing some work. During my commute, though, an ad came on the radio for...something, I can't remember what... and it brought a song from a musical my kids were in to my mind. "I am a promise. I am a possibility. I am a promise, with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of potentiality." I could not remember the name of the musical, but when I searched for it in the internet web, it looks like the musical was... wait for it...   I Am a Promise. Clever, right?



















Tokyo could be going all-out in preparation for hosting the Olympics in 2020. Did you hear that they may launch satellites so they can present man-made shooting stars during the opening. Check the link and watch the promotional movie.

Want some jam? No, not the kind you spread on toast. I am talking about when musicians cue of each other and play music based on what they hear. It seems students in Georgia have created a four-armed robot that can jam with them. The article opens with this statement. "He bobbed his head with the groove, and leaned way in when he wanted to play more complicated melodies, rocking and rolling with the beat of the jam. This wasn’t a your average jazz band member, though—this was Shimon, a four-armed robot marimba player built by the Georgia Institute of Technology to be able to listen to music, improvise, and play along with human musicians." Go watch the video in the linked article.

Do you watch Game of Thrones? Well, I do, so you'll have to suffer through a couple of Clarity of Vision ideas of how the marketing campaign could expand by co-branding GoT with commercial products. Here's today's CoV.




















Don't talk about my sister that way. That's a brother's job..both to protect her, and talk smack. Speaking of which, she announced yesterday that she had listened to the full Hamilton soundtrack (Yay!) and thought it clever, but not worth waiting in line to see the musical (What?!?). She doesn't really like that style of music.Alas and alack, my friends. I certainly do not like the language in some of the songs, but the composer's skills are amazing. I do want to see it, and I enjoy the cleverness of the songs and the history shared throughout, but I do not think it would replace any of my 3-4 favorite musicals.

OK, I need to do some of that work stuff that I cogitated during today's shower. Oh, man. I went over to email and started some work, and it has been almost a hour since I clicked the blog tab. I never published it. Sorry if you have been waiting,

No comments: