Monday, April 25, 2016

YARD Work is HARD Work, Unless You Have GRANDS Helping

We kept the GRANDS last weekend and had a great time. It gave me some time to play with a programming site with GRAND#1, and she had actually already played it. She has a nice analytical brain, but she did wonder why moving a droid on the screen was programming. I showed her the code being generated by her input, but I am not sure she bought it. We had a good time. We also were treated to the (mostly Hamilton) concerts the girls like to perform on the hearth with the reading lamp pointed on them for a spotlight. All three helped me trying to cut up some roots from recently felled trees. The girls dug around the roots so I could cut, and GRAND#3 played with the pieces of roots I pulled up.

Check this out. I'm just saying they DO look a lot alike, right? 


When we went to Macy's in NYC, I saw a series of ads for the movie Zootopia made up to look like actual consumer products. I thought they were clever and caught shots of them. Are these ads also shown in the movie? I could not say since I haven't seen it.
















































After Macy's we passed by Bryant Park and took a break for a bit. This is actually quite a nice park. In fact, Matthew Broderick actually filmed some tour videos about this historic park.
















Here is KNW watching some ping-pong in the park.
















Here is a view of the park from beside the ping-pong tables.
















Here's another drone and LED photo. That may be a human holding the light on the right, which would help give some sense of scale.



















Want a clever business name? How about this one?



















Seattle called. They want their gas station signs to be recognized as a national treasure. OK, that is not true, but this station does have some funny sayings.














Saturday (maybe Friday), we entered into a drawing for some cupcakes from Red Apron Bakeshop, and we won some! I tried one today. It was scrumptious. They are chocolate and Rolo batter, with caramel buttercream frosting, some chocolate ganache (you know I love that, LMW), and topped with a Rolo.

We've talked in this forum before about electric cars. The huge number of pre-orders of the new Tesla Model 3 underscores the public's interest shows it may finally reach mainstream. But wait. I just found out that, at one point, 1/3 of all vehicles on the road were electric. I do not personally remember that, since it was in 1900. By 1935, though, electric vehicles were practically non-existent. How low of a price would it take before you would consider purchasing one? Or is the range and challenge of recharging still too much of a hurdle?

I do not have an hourglass, but if I did, it would be out of sand right now. I need to wrap this up. First, let's get a little CoV fix.












Next, let's just say goodbye with a minimum of histrionics. How do we do that? I'll say 'goodbye' and you respond at the same time, then we just both walk away. OK. Goodbye.

No comments: