Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Start With the ABCs - Art, Bags, and Cracker Jacks

The other day, I shared a art-ified photo of St. Patrick's Cathedral (from deepart.io). Well, here is the original source photo and the style image I used.












The reason I am reminding you is because I submitted a couple more photos last night with different style images. Here is what I sent in. I will share the results when they come back in a week or so. One will use a Van Gogh style.












And one will use this pointillism painting.












The photos I used were, of course, part of my NYC shots. Speaking of NYC, here's a picture of a subway entrance. Just looking at it now in the photo, it doesn't look all that inviting, does it? It's a cool experience, though. Well, I mean, except for the smell, and the people sleeping in the entrance.
























What does look inviting, though, is the Empire State Building. We did not have time to go up in it this trip, so maybe next time.
























I liked the cool way the buildings behind me reflected in the windows, but I am not sure it translated into the image I had in my head. It would have helped had I been there in the morning so the reflected buildings were lit from the front instead of from behind.
















I am very sure there have been countless things filmed in NYC, but it is possible that some things have been filmed near you. How can you know? Check out this map and the accompanying article.














Did you grow up eating Cracker Jacks? I did. Well, I mean, not everyday or anything, but I always liked them. The prize inside was always a fun bonus (well, for maybe five minutes), and I liked the peanuts as much as the popcorn. And there was a way to open the top of the box by pushing in a tab and pulling across. You could then pour the sweet goodness into your palm in small increments that you could toss directly into your mouth. Mmm. I am salivating right now. I mention all of this because Cracker Jacks has made a change to its prizes and to its packaging. I will tease the surprise by noting it is now digital. Go on and read about both changes here.

Real-life resemblance time:













Today's CoV came to me this morning, pretty much like the comic states. I was thinking about musicals based on historical events, which then led me to think about events or people that would make a less-than-exciting musical. How could I come up with one where no one actually sang? Hmm, how about including a mime. Once I got there, it HAD to be Marcel Marceau.












I just came across this photo. Note to My Better Half (MBH): Do NOT buy this bag.






















I think I've kept you busy for long enough. Go ahead and start Tuesday now. The sun is coming in the East-facing window, so that means I need to start my workday. See you soon.

No comments: