Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Fountains and Fotos and Fizzy Drinks

You've seen these type of photos before. Timing your shot so that you catch everyone in the air after jumping. Our pedicab driver captured this shot at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park in NYC.
















The challenge on those jumping photos is not taking the shot TOO EARLY. The good thing about this shot, though, is that you can see one of the pedicabs behind us.
















We did not have time to cross Bow Bridge, so maybe we can check out that walk next time. We did take a moment for a quick snapshot, though.
















Today's entry from my 365 Bad Jokes and Puns calendar:
Geography teacher: What is the capital of Belize?
Student: The B.

And the quote from my 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar:
"I’m a great believer that if you’re not playing in the tournament, you can’t win."
golfer Colin Montgomerie talking about the Masters

From the 'People who resemble fictional characters' file, we find Linda from Bob's Burgers:

















I've never actually watched a whole episode of that, but I have seen the ads. I have seen episodes of The Simpsons, though, so here is a characters from that show:

















Here is another request for a photo modification by a Photoshop expert:


















I know. You want to see another page from the corrupted coloring book that MBH cautions me about sharing? Sure, you do.


















Hey, did you hear that Doris Roberts, the mother on Everybody Loves Raymond, passed away this weekend? RIP.

Here is a punny business name. I surfed the web for a few minutes trying to see where this sign was, but there are so many businesses with this name around the world. I am certain it is not in the US because of the trademark issues with the sound-alike name and the character that resembles Marlon Brando.














You can tell, since I am pulling stuff from my 'saved for blog use' file that I didn't really find anything to share in today's web search. You are correct. I did find one thing that was interesting. Check out this chart.














In the USA, soda sales are coming down and bottled water sales are climbing. At Pepsi, only 12% of their profit now comes from their namesake soda. Yes, we do drink bottled water. I don't like the taste of our municipal water. So, we pay around 1.3 cents per ounce of bottled water. I just checked and it looks like we pay about $11 for the first 10,000 gallons of city water. Yes, we are obviously paying a premium for the bottled stuff, but it is convenient, tastes better, and can be carried with us.

Today's devotional scripture was Matt 20:16 So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen. The author then goes on to talk about being chosen, being 'elected' by God. I am not going to discuss that Calvinistic idea. Instead, my point is that I cannot read this verse without going back to a choir director in Lubbock who loved to say 'Many are cold, but few are frozen." Isn't it funny how some phrases, words, photos, smells, seem to evoke such strong memories of past events?

Let's update a classic CoV now.























Oops. I just got back from having gone off and starting to work without finishing up and publishing today's post. Sorry for the delay. I hope today is a good day filled with healing, happiness and health. See you real soon.

No comments: