Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Dunks and Drunks and Donald Trumps

I took this test last night to see how good of an eye for detail I have. I got 8 out of 9, and I actually ran out of time on the last (a self-imposed time because it was bedtime). How about you?

There is an exhibit of Rolling Stone memorabilia in London right now. However, the thing I found most interesting was a note that the men themselves total 286 years old. That's a funny statistic.

I did not watch the college basketball finale last night. Did you? I presumed it was a done deal for UNC against Villanova. OK, I was wrong. Congrats to the Wildcats for their 77-74 win.

Thanks to journalist Mark Will-Weber's book, "Mint Juleps with Teddy Roosevelt: The Complete History of Presidential Drinking," someone has researched and documented the favorite drink of every president. From the dark porter beer laced with molasses of G. Washington through the water of Abraham Lincoln and the beer of Obama. Read all of them here.

We watched a cooking program last night that reminded us that the original Willy Wonka movie is 45 years old.

Have you seen the lip sync battle between Jimmy Fallon and Melissa McCarthy? It's all cute, but gets really funny at around the 6:00 mark when she takes on 'Colors of the Wind'.

How about a few art prints related to Hamilton, the musical? We'll start with a poster print for New York, New Man.
























And then, another poster print relative to the Schuyler sisters.
























Next, a subway print of Hamilton quotes.
























And finally, another subway print of Hamilton songs.
























Let's talk about Trump and his idea of actually building a wall.












I changed my mind. Let's not. Let's just call it a day (as far as the blog post is concerned) and get Tuesday underway.

No comments: