Monday, April 04, 2016

It's True That Cows Don't Have Concussions

Have you been watching the recent series American Crime Story: The People vs O.J.Simpson? I was talking with the family about that yesterday and marveling that it can be so captivating when we already know exactly how everything will end up. And we even were talking about revelations revealed about some of the players. Anyway, it has been announced that the next season of the show will focus on Hurricane Katrina. I am certain there are many behind-the-scenes stories we don't know about that disaster. Still, I will miss Johnnie Cochran in it (or at least Courtney B, Vance playing him).

I used to love chocolate milk. I don't drink much (any) milk anymore, but I loved mixing in Hershey's chocolate into milk so I could get just the right amount of chocolate to milk. Anyway, University of Maryland recently agreed to release a study showing that a certain brand of chocolate milk “helped high school football players improve their cognitive and motor function over the course of a season, even after experiencing concussions.” They have since backtracked big-time on this, but that didn't stop the company from touting it in their marketing. Yeah, I think they'll be more careful in future pairings with partner companies.

I double-checked this story, but it seems real. There is a new Starbucks extension for Outlook. You can now schedule meetings and buy gift cards from within Outlook. And it sounds as if Yelp, Uber, and Evernote already have their own extensions. Where was I when the retailization of Outlook started?


















Have you gotten one of those Coke bottles with a name on it? Coco-Cola plans to top that by introducing bottles with song lyrics on them. Does that make you more likely to purchase the product? It apparently worked very well with the names, so who knows. "I'd like a bottle of 'Take this job and shove it', please."


















Do you do any yoga or meditation? Seems like a great way to relax and center yourself, doesn't it? Apparently, if you try to do that in the back of a plane and not return to your seat when instructed, it is much less relaxing.

Lots of illness seems to have settled around family members recently. Dad got the flu. GRAND #2 had a stomach virus. I am still getting over pneumonia. You might want to avoid us. For the Chorale I am in, we are recording a new CD this coming weekend. I don't know yet if I will be able to participate due to the persistent cough. We'll see.

At least I am getting better now.












Time for Monday to start. I hope your weekend was good, but now, we've got to start a new week. See you soon.

No comments: