Wednesday, April 13, 2016

'My Shot' is Not a Drinking Game

Oh, you Disney dreamers. No, let me be more specific. Oh, you Walt Disney World dreamers. Didn't you hate leaving the magic of that world for real life when your time was over? OK, if that is the case, what if you could ... wait for it ... LIVE THERE? If that is your raison d'etre, then I am about to make your day. Disney is building a gated community near the Orlando, Florida parks called Golden Oaks. There's a dedicated shuttle service for residents that offers easy transportation to all four parks. Homeowners can also take advantage of a concierge service, access to Extra Magic Hours, and a clubhouse with a pool, bar, and gaming room. But the cutest perk has to be the Disney-themed statues located throughout the gardens that you can enjoy during warm, breezy nighttime strolls. Did I mention that the prices start at $2 million, and that there will only be 290 properties? Act now.












Other than that one article, though, I am not finding much stuff to share. So, we'll go to my backlog of stories. Before we do, let me say that we went to a concert by the Beatles tribute band, Rain, last night. MBH and I had a great date night (of course, she was the cutest one there) and the show was fun. Go see them if you like Beatles music and enjoy seeing groups live. You can get a taste of the evening by watching this official Rain video. Since we were out late, I did not remember to load any photos. Instead, I will share a couple of snaps I grabbed last night. First, here is the curtain displayed before the concert.


















And this is the title page from the program.
























And the group themselves (not taken by me, of course, since photos while the group is singing are forbidden).














I am not much of a coffee drinker, but the changes Starbucks made to their frequent drinkers club seem pretty drastic. The changes went into effect yesterday, so I hope you maximized your visits leading up to the new rules.












So, going to my saved blog ideas, let's see another of those landscape photos lit by a drone carrying an LED light.



















And from the 'Explain a Plot Badly' file:
























And another clever business name.

















And a new sign at a Seattle gas station.


















And a look at the first page of the sheet music for a song from Hamilton, just so that we have a Hamilton reference in today's post.
























Another passing shot at my friend who leaves this Friday.












And my time is up for today. In fact, I am 9 minutes after my normal target. So, have a great Wednesday and check back soon.

No comments: