Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dongles, Dakota, Dylan, and deepart.io

Tina Turner sang a song about it. As did Bob Dylan. And even a lesser known Brewer and Shipley sang about it. What am I talking about? Well, it is 4/20, which somehow has come to be known as code for marijuana. How about you? Are you sneaking a smoke when you read my blog? Maybe it would make it more intelligible?

Today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar page refers to this day:
CROWDS AT ANNUAL 4-20 POT RITUAL EXPECTED TO BE HIGHER
headline, Dallas Morning News

The Really Bad Jokes calendar is more punny:
How does the undertaker tell the difference between his organ key and his car key?
He labels them with key chains: One says “hymn” and the other says “hearse.”

Sometimes, kids just gotta climb on things. Here, the girls wanted to pose on this rock near Bow Bridge in Central Park.
















Here, you can see the path we are following. We have been over near Bow Bridge and are heading towards the Dakota apartment building where John Lennon and Yoko Ono lived. Actually, she still lives there.
















Here is the Dakota, but it is apparently being refurbished, so it is covered in scaffolding.
















Here is the photo from the wiki page showing how it usually looks.


















Since John Lennon was shot, crowds of people have flocked to the area. So, the city decided to move everyone off the street beside the building to a spot where people could stand inside Central Park. This mosaic marks the new memorial spot.
















It seems both Trump and Clinton are one step closer to being their party's nominee for presidential candidate. Thoughts? Feel free to discuss it amongst yourselves.

The other day, I sent in one of the shots of St Patrick's Cathedral to a site that converts them into art based on classic painters. It finally came back about 10 minutes ago. Take a look. I like it. Try one yourself at deepart.io.
























I just read a scathing review of the new MacBook, but that is not what I want to share. rather, it is the real-life consequence of Apple choosing to only have a single USB-C port on the laptop. So, to really make this work in day-to-day computing, here is a diagram of what most of us would do to connect needed devices.
























Oh, you lactose-intolerant readers, good news. There is a new non-dairy milk sheriff in town. In fact, you can find him at Whole Foods. You already know about soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, hemp milk, and almond milk. Now, go check out pea milk. The article even says it tastes more like dairy milk than any of the others. Hmm, maybe I'll be having a milk shake again some day?

At one time, we had a directive from our leaders to move every project to green by whatever means possible. I am fairly certain this was not what they had in mind.












Did I mention that I was returning to Chorale practice last night? I did, but I still cannot really sing without aggravating my throat. It was fun, though, and I was able to review a couple of songs they added that I have not seen before. No concert this weekend, so that will help me continue to heal.

I did find a couple of things to share today. So, I do not need to pull from my saved backlog of ideas. In fact, let's go ahead and call it a day now, almost 40 minutes earlier than my usual. Do something constructive with the time I saved you, OK? Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: