Monday, January 04, 2016

Is It Next Year Already?

I know that I have not posted anything to my blog since last year, so let's jump right in on 2016. Do you like Olive Garden? When I go there, I always get the minestrone soup. This weekend, as I was perusing the Yahoo links, I came across one purporting to recreate that soup. You might want to check it out. I might want to, also, but I am not so good at actually cooking.

I know that I have not posted any Clarity of Vision comics since last year, so let's jump right in.












I saw this next recipe and was transported back to a long time ago when Mom used to make her own drop donuts for the family. Mmm. I could use some of these for breakfast tomorrow. Of course, French Toast is also always appreciated. However, the sound of Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee sounds less intriguing to me. You kn ow what, just go check out all of the brunch recipes.

Quinoa. It's not just for breakfast anymore. Well, maybe it is if this article about ways to include it in breakfast has recipes that interest you.























Beans. They're not just for meals anymore. While some of the recipe links in the article sound good, I was more intrigued by the ideas of how to include them in desserts. Peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookie. Black bean brownies. You're curious now, too, right?

How about a color-shifting cake? It seems someone has already baked one, and filmed it for our enjoyment.

Have you seen the newest Star Wars movie? If not, do not check out tweets by Lonely Luke. Some of them are pretty funny.

I did get a couple of games this year, but none of these. The last one does sound like one that would be fun to play with my oldest GRAND (the most game-friendly of the bunch). Also, as an idea for someday when I retire, maybe I can look back through games are rethink rules to make each of them more kid friendly (or maybe just alter them to take less time than 3 hours to play).

Who among you can read a sundial? OK, what if it included digital numbers? Impossible, you say? Apparently not. Watch the video.












Have you ever tried to take a photo of something that is moving? When we went to see an animal show at WDW, I tried to time a shot to catch an owl flying. Here is my best attempt (out of two).
















For my middle GRAND, she got a lot of autographs from Disney characters. So, I took a photo of one of the cards just as a remembrance.
















And here is the youngest GRAND meeting Tigger at breakfast one morning. Usually, he is tough to catch in a photo since he is always moving around.
























I came across a headline that captured my imagination. It mentioned "40 films to see this year". That, my friends, would be a lot of movie-going in a year, at least for me. Do any of you see 40 films in a year? Some of them look interesting to me.

OK, people. Very few of us are getting younger, so let's make the most of every day this year. If you haven't already, start that today. Let's make it a mighty fine Monday.

No comments: