Monday, January 25, 2016

Pigskins, and Potatoes, and Burritos, and Buns

Longtime readers will know that I love it when I can find a way for you to spend your money. Today, I found a way for you to drop $1.5 million on a lovely photo of an Irish potato. Yup, a photo Kevin Abosch took of an organic potato has sold for one-and-a-half million dollars. I guess you can't really spend that to get it since a businessman already bought it, so if you want it, it'll be even more money.














If you want to spend a whole lot less, get a few fixings at the grocery store and make homemade cinnamon buns in less that 30 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. Check it out and, then, go do it for breakfast.















Are you ready to go back to Chipotles? They are hoping so, and will give you $50 back if you buy Burritos by the Box (at least 20) on SB50 Sunday. Who's with me? Maybe I should ask, "Who's looking for a discount on norovirus"? I am not ready to go back there yet, even though no outbreaks have happened near me. Still, let's see some longer term results before I take a chance, even if they offer me $50.

Let's not beat around the bush. Let's circle around the lagoon. Check out this bridge in Uruguay. Why did they build it like that? Architects designed it to expand the number of drivers able to cross from Maldonado into Rocha while at the same time curbing the speed of the cars themselves. AZ considered building a bridge designed by that firm, but ultimately went much simpler. They mention it in the article.

















Yeah! I heard the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl! Wait?! What?! They're not. It was a good game, though, right? Like the Broncos-Patriot squeaker of 20-18? No. It was decidedly not. It was a 49-15 blowout. I did not even watch the entire game like I did the AFC game. Oh well.























Do you think they lost the game because it was cold in NC and they are used to AZ weather? No, I don't either. They were simply outplayed. Even so, there is a difference in climate between the East Coast right now and places like FL, AZ, and SoCal. Which do you prefer, better weather in winter or better weather in Summer?

Listen, it is time to start talking about yesterday's games with coworkers, so look for the water cooler talk to center around NFL today, and back to office politics tomorrow. Until then, make it a Magnificent Monday, my friends.

No comments: