Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Must Be Hungry (Hangry?)

It has been a while since we had a 'cookie-off' (is that what you'd call a taste testing of different brands of cookies?). Today, I found a Yahoo test of Chips Ahoy! and Oreos. Which do you think will win? Oh, it's not just the plain flavors, it is the specialty ones. Well, you'll have to read it to find out.

And you can maybe cook them in this smartpan. What is a smartpan? Here is a quote from the website, "Pantelligent will alert you BEFORE your pan gets too hot – and before all of your hard work ends up in the trash." Look at the graphs below for one of its benefits.










What? Another cooking-related article? It's true. Look at this next photo. It is a Red-Velvet Poke Cake. If that sounds delish, you can see the recipe here.

















What? Another food story. Yup. This one involves McDonald's, french fries, and chocolate sauce. All three together. That's right, but for now, it is only available in Japan. You will have to read the article to see if the author liked them.






















I think I may have shared this before (or one a lot like it), but I saw this online today and thought it was fun. There are a lot of other well-designed trucks in the article.
















Like this one.

















Or this one.
















Do you like vegetarian dishes? I do, even though my diet nowadays does include chicken and fish. Anyway, this farro salad with Tomatoes, Green Beans, and Chickpeas with Basil Vinaigrette looks really tasty to me. However since it takes 15 minutes to prep and 2 to cook, who knows if I will ever make it.













It appears I have worked through my glut of food-related information for today. So, let's shift to music for a moment. Last night, I downloaded some more songs from the free library resource. In case you wondered, the last few artists I pulled were Michael Martin Murphey, Bill Withers, Cat Stevens, Piano Guys, and The Wood Brothers. Prior to those, I did bring down Adele's albums, including 25. I like it.

Do have a kid's space that needs a cool platform bed so you can also incorporate storage? Well, this dad built one using standard IKEA components, and he made a nice youtube video (often in fast motion) to show us how. Check it out. And near the end of the video, check out the cute little black-and-tan dachshund on the bed.













I played with an idea to build on yesterday's Clarity of Vision, but it still needs refining. Let's reminisce with a classic from a few years ago.












And that will do it with another thrilling episode of 'Legend In My Own Mind'. Tune in tomorrow, same COV-time, same COV-channel, for more fun and excitement.Until then, be safe and have a Tantalizing Tuesday.

No comments: