Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's The End of The Year As We Know It, And I Feel Fine

The other day, I shared a link talking about which Beatles songs were streamed the most on Spotify. Today, I found a link for which ones are the least popular. I will give you a hint that the one at the bottom of the list is the last song on Abbey Road. And the one just above that is one Ringo sang on the Past Masters Vol 1 album.

A mountain scene in the middle of Florida swamps? A bit of Disney magic on display in Animal Kingdom.
















And another mountain scene, this one patterned after the Himalayas.
















Around the base of the mountain is a Himalayan village. Disney's attention to detail is amazing.
















Disney may have their ways to make the world smaller (including It's a Small World), but Steven wright was correct when he posited, "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it."

BY the way, all of today's links were ones I saved from past days. I didn't find anything to share in today's Yahoo, or Buzzkill, or Vox, or Consumerist.

I don't know what you think, but to me, this is one ugly rug. Is it stained or something? Anyway, it is the Aberdine by Surya if you like it and want to purchase it at the bargain basement price of $175.
























Are you planning on getting up early for your annual bake-a-thon on New Year's Day and whipping up some breakfast bread for your loving family? No, me neither. Just in case, though, I found an article on 12 Cinnamon Roll and Breakfast Bread Recipes to Make Your Head Swirl. Want some Chocolate-Almond Giant Cinnamon Bun Cake, or maybe some No-Knead Challah Cinnamon Rolls? No? OK, can I tempt you with Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Orange Cream Cheese Icing? A little less sugary is the Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Bread. Well, you can see all these and more at the link above.
















I didn't share this before Christmas, but we all give gifts for different reasons throughout the year, right? This article has some ideas for various DIY gifts. Coasters, ways to use crystals you have laying around (really? A lot of people have those?), washi tape, custom hand-painted mugs. Anyway, the one I thought sounded interesting was no so much DIY as DIS (Do It Shutterfly). A custom phone case using a photo you select.
























Wow, I am majorly late today. First, a final CoV for the year.













And finally, a wish for a great new year for you and yours, and a Tiny Tim-ish statement to close it out. "God bless us, every one!"

No comments: