Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Good News and Bad News

Let's start with the bad news and get it over with. We can start with finding out that TD's job is going away next year. Now she will be given the opportunity to return to the classroom, but she is considering her options. And yesterday was a long day for me as I started a project activity at 2am, worked on other things in the late morning and afternoon, then return to the project at 9pm and worked until 11:30pm. Hey, I am not as young as I once was. That made it almost 22 hours.

The other bad news is that I am not finding any good content to share today. OK, I suppose that could also be construed as good news depending on how you react to my normal pattern of sharing links that interest me.

The good news is.... Oh man, I am sure I had some good news in mind when I started writing today's blog post.

One link that I did find is that sales of Cadbury Creme Eggs are down after a recipe change outside of the US. It seems they may have stopped using Dairy Milk as the outer shell. Here in the US, we have Hershey's version of chocolate on the outside and that has not changed. Cadbury denies the allegation, but they cannot deny that sales are down $8.6 million. I like the eggs, but do not eat them very often.

Have you ever played Desert Bus? This video game, created by magicians Penn and Teller, is about driving a bus from Tucson, AZ, to Las Vegas, NV. You can't pause the game, you can't exceed the 45 mph speed limit, and the whole drive takes eight hours. Sounds fun, right? Well, they may be working on a VR version. Wow, I am bored just writing about it of r two minutes.
















I may not be finding many links today, but here is one I saved from the other day. It is Star Wars-themed comics in the style of Calvin and Hobbes. They are really cute, but can never be "officially" released due to copyright issues. Luckily, we can see them here. Here are a couple of them.

























OK, another link I saved is also related to Star Wars. Many of you non-sci-fi fans scoff at concepts like lightsabers. However, perhaps surprisingly, there is science behind them.













One of the nice things about cloudy weather is that they make sunsets more dramatic. Here is a shot I grabbed (without stopping) along a drive north of town.
























Here is a shot of some of the planning paperwork for the project work we completed yesterday. And this is the interesting part. You do not want to see how boring all the spreadsheets are.


















You know, a lot of work actually gets done away from the office. Haven't you ever been caught in a hallway conversation that suddenly covers important topics? Well, today's CoV is NOT about any important topics.












I did start a little later than normal today, but it does give me license to stay later working on the blog. Let's get our Wacky Wednesday going, OK? See you soon.

No comments: