Friday, January 08, 2016

Food Stories and Shark News...It's a Feeding Frenzy of Information

One part of my morning ritual that I rarely mention on the blog is a daily devotional. At the moment, I am using one from The Berean. Why am I mentioning this today? Did today's devotional really speak to me? Is this a subscription everyone should have? No, it is not. Today's devotional was about taking care of our bodies as well as our spiritual health. It was... OK. Many are OK. What I wanted to share was that I disagree with quite a few of them. I can usually see the author's point. But studying the Scripture and reading how the author interprets it sometimes baffles me. Either way, though, it gets me thinking and praying, and I like that.

You know what the problem with buffets is? That you eat waaaay too much because you want to try everything. That said, maybe it is because I came across a link early this morning (after eating breakfast) identifying the best buffets in each state, but seeking one out didn't really seem like something I would want to do. Are you a buffet connoisseur? Is price a consideration? I saw one in Rhode Island that charges $93 for an adult buffet. That's a little too pricey for my wallet. The buffet listed for Texas is in Austin and includes BBQ, catfish, grits, and even gospel music.

Does all that talk about buffets make you wish you were on a diet? Have we got a deal for you....























Have you ever seen the movie "Jaws"? It was first released 41 years ago, and featured 4 copies of the shark, nicknamed Bruce after Spielberg's lawyer. The only remaining model was crafted from fiberglass and has been at an auto wrecking yard for the past few year. It will now be moving to a movie memorabilia warehouse, the Academy Museum, the under-construction facility in Los Angeles that will house the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ unmatched collection of cinema memorabilia. That sounds like it will be a cool place.
























Did you see that the Feds have published new dietary guidelines? They have found we eat too much sugar. We use too much salt. Maybe meat isn't as bad as we thought before. Well, read more details here.

I was going to tell you about the new menu item at Taco Bell, but I will let the official announcement speak for itself. Yes, this is shown exactly the way the document was released.
























Say you are waiting at the airline gate for the boarding call. Go on. Say it. Now, say that you hear some commotion and that weird voice speaking the way an auctioneer sounds. Oh, the airline is auctioning seat upgrades. Would you be more tempted to try and snag an upgrade than paying the normal price for the same upgrade? Virgin America is trying it out right now. American says they have tested that in the past, and may look into it again. More on this weird opportunity here. No, I don't think I would join in.

Oh, my. Look at the time. No, don't, because I am way late today. Let's both hit the ground running. Have a great weekend and a Fantastic Friday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I've seen no comments for a while and thought I'd better let you know that I'm still a daily follower of your blog. Keep on bloggin'.