Thursday, January 07, 2016

A Lot of B.O. Talk Today, And That's Big

I would not want to speak ill of the dead, but a news headline I saw on TV this morning about a death made me smile. Wait, before I explain, I wonder how you evaluate headlines you hear or see. I tend to read the words fairly literally. So, when I saw this, "Man killed by police wearing suicide vest," I was taken aback. Do you see what I saw? (it that a song?) Anyway, did you wonder who was wearing the suicide vest or did you immediately interpret it the way it was intended? That's right, who was wearing the vest? Police or the man killed?

“The Force Awakens” broke North American sales records. Box office receipts for the latest instalment of the Star Wars saga surpassed the $761-million record held by Avatar. The movie has already broken several other global records (as I have shared in earlier posts) and will open in China this weekend.

Who among you has ever owned a Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia? You know, those ceramic pots onto which you smear a paste with chia seeds in it that then grow to look like hair, or fur, or whatever? I have not, but I have taken chia seeds as a supplement. This article explains why eating them is really, really healthy, and ways to incorporate them into your diet.
























Did you ever see the famous western "The Magnificent Seven"? Do you like Adam Sandler movies? If the answer to both is yes (or at least the answer to the second question is yes), you might want to check out Sandler's new movie "The Ridiculous Six". It sounds like an extremely broad comedy along the lines of Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles". I might check it out. I said, 'might'.

Did you hear about Clay Aikens' tweet about the ending of American Idol. He tweeted, "It's VERY clear now that @SimonCowell was the reason @AmericanIdol was a hit. I've watched root canals more entertaining than these judges." I kind of agree. I say 'kind of' because I have not watched very many episodes, even when the season was in its heyday. I did use to watch the first few episodes for the bad singers. I also wonder (see the paragraph above where I talk about my unique way to interpret words) just how many root canals Clay Aiken has watched.

The Powerball jackpot rolls over... again. Are you now more likely to purchase a ticket? For me, nothing has changed. The odds are STILL 292 million to 1. BTW, they are guesstimating the new jackpot will be $675 million.

I am getting a hair blair tonight. Whoo hoo. It is looking like a toupee right now, and that means it needs to be trimmed.

I don't see any Macy's stores near me closing. Is your area impacted? Do you ever even shop there? I know MBH and TD both do.

Does a headline like "10 Products You've Been Using Wrong" tempt you to read the story? The words themselves didn't catch me, but the photo did. And they are correct. I HAVE been using those little ketchup cups wrong. You might want to see what other ideas they present (e.g. nonstop elevator to your floor, Chinese takeout boxes fold into plates).













It's a cold and dreary day today. You know what sounds good? A nice warm soup. I like this one from Costco. Sure, I know it would be more healthy to make my own, but we both know that is not going to happen anytime soon.


















Another reference photo I took of another person's photo that I liked. I am not crazy about the weird way it is hung inside of a bulletin board, but I like that the shot has been adjusted (probably) to only shades of brown.


















If you follow any Star Wars news, or even movie-related news, or even regular news, you were not surprised by my announcement above that Star Wars; The Force Awakens has claimed the top spot in USA box office, overtaking Avatar. Wow, can anything stop it? I will be going to see it for the second time tomorrow. This time, I can listen for clues to future plot directions and enjoy the movie for its cinematography and not be trying to keep up with the new plots and characters.












Well, as the Beatles sang long ago and in a galaxy far away, "I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering where it will go." OK, that is totally unrelated to anything except for the fact that it is raining here, and it has NOT stopped my mind from wandering. Now, though, I need to wander over to my work and get some stuff ready for an 8am call. Make it a Tremendous Thursday, OK?

No comments: