Friday, January 15, 2016

Saving and Eating and a Look Back at Bush

It is so easy in our younger days to forget that, someday, we will no longer have a salary and must live on only our savings and Social Security. That includes everything from travel to meals to groceries to health care. So, we all should have some targets in mind to be sure we can fund our twilight years. This chart from Fidelity Investments suggest that we have a full year's salary in our retirement fund by the time we reach 30 years old. Then double that by the time we reach 35, and double it again by the time we are 45 years old. You can see all of the targets in the graphic below. How are you doing? I will admit that I am behind.











This was JV's favorite ride...
























when we were at this park...
















and it is the home of the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich in WDW. Yes, I think I did try it, but I am not 100% certain. It sounds good, though, right?









Did you eat at Chipotle before the recent e coli hubbub? I don't know if you are still eating there, but we have stopped, at least for now. This morning, I came across an article talking about the company's efforts to return to profitability. I wondered what it would take for me to go back there? One year of no outbreaks? I'm not sure yet. What will bring you back into a store? They are actually closing all of their stores on Feb 8 for an all-company meeting to review how to safely handle the food.

Does this cake look like a wedding cake? Well, it is. I kind of like it, but maybe not for a wedding. There are other interesting cakes (including one that looks like a geode) here.
























I have not seen any news about Star Wars breaking new records in a few days, so let's just see some shadow art of Star Wars-related images.












Did you know that Texas has the most Presidential libraries? That is only three, but it seems that is enough to hold that distinction. One of those is George W. Bush's library in Dallas. It opened in 2013, but apparently, I made fun of it three years before that.























Whew. I know this is being posted later than usual, but I got distracted. Hey, we are off work on Monday, so I will probably not post until Tuesday. Have a great weekend (a nice long one if you get of work for MLK Day), and I'll be back next week.

No comments: