Monday, October 19, 2015

Sorry. I Was Out of Town

Oh, you didn't even notice that I have not posted anything for the last few days? Well, shame on you. Anyway, we are back. You'll hear more about our week below and in the coming days.

Look, let's just get the big news over with right from the start. Yes, I might have been a little over the posted speed limit when I crested a hill and saw a state patrol vehicle sitting on the opposite shoulder of the road. He was very kind, but still issued me a ticket. I haven't paid it yet, but I just got home from vacation over the weekend. Give me some time. I will. Up until the speed limit dropped by 10 mph, I had the cruise control set for 5 mph over the posted limit. I felt that was safe. Once it dropped, I hadn't reacted and got caught.

Just 20 minutes earlier, we had been filling the tank when Dad decided to air up a couple of tires that were a little low in the higher altitude of the Colorado Rockies. He noticed one had a crack in the sidewall, probably from one of the off-road trips. So, we had to unpack all our gear to reach the spare tire. We replaced it and reloaded everything and headed off toward our meeting with the afore-mentioned state trooper.

Here is the first photo (actually a panorama of two shots merged together) of this year's SW Colorado trip from a road near Telluride. We missed the best colors by 7-10 days, but as you will see, there were still areas of brightness.












By stepping off that same road to the right, I followed the wooden fence you barely notice and made it central to this next shot.
























I then stepped off the left side of the road to capture the mountain on the left of the above photos with the colors in front of it (the above two photos show more of the evergreens than the gold of the aspen).
















We rented a house and did not stay in a tent. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to give your kids a tent-like bed they can enjoy every night. Read the tutorial here.
















Preacher Bro and his wife were with us and my folks in Colorado. They are part of a Dr Pepper-loving family. Maybe they will like a Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwich? Does that sound tasty to you? You make it using a slow cooker, so it is minimal effort. There is even a remote possibility that I could make them one day.

If you ARE going to use your slow cooker, be sure to follow these tips. They will make sure you are getting the best results. So says Yahoo.

Did you read the Harry Potter books? No, you cannot have only seen the movies because J.K. Rowling has revealed her favorite chapter in any of the books. You can find her answer here. I only read the first 2-3 books, so I cannot comment.

Not only am I back, so is Clarity of Vision. I know. It's like a double blessing, isn't it?












After being away for a week, I am WAAAY behind. I'll be back soon, though, with more stuff to share.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I'm eager to try the Dr Pepper pulled pork!