Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Almost Total Recall

Did you watch the World Series game last night? Really? The whole, 5-hour-long thing? I will confess that I did not. First off, it was Chorale practice night, so I didn't watch anything. Second, five hours of baseball? No thank you. That is a strike out for me. I prefer football, but, even then, five hours is a bit too much. I haven't watched that much of any one thing since we binged on Lost.

Ooo, pretty colors. I liked the brightness of the foreground contrasted with the gold and forest green (get it? forest?) of the background.
















And, as we have all seen before, I like it when a foreground element (here, it is the road) leads the eye into the background element (here, a stand of aspen surrounding the road).
















I caught the folks looking out across the trees.
























What's your favorite candy? Well, a full 21% of the American public chooses peanut butter cups. I probably would not have said that, but then again, our daughter-in-love makes a really good homemade version that we have been known to chow down on. Licorice was selected as the least favorite. You can see more fun facts about Halloween candy here.

Speaking of daughter-in-love, Happy Birthday. No, it is not today, but it wasn't that long ago. I'd rather not mention names nor dates here, but if you know her, wish her a Happy B-day anyway.

I came across some 'facts' that are wrong. This article opens debunking the statement that Napoleon was short. It poo-poos the notion that the Great Wall of China can be seen from the moon. It reminds us that Columbus was not the first to discover North America. You can unlearn some other things, too.

One thing that car companies need to learn is to build products that last. Maybe that is a bit strong, since both of our cars are over 14 years old. Let's say they need to be quicker to correct recognized issues and target having minimal recalls. I know you have seen all the recall notices from all the different companies this year. Now, there is another one from GM. So, I wondered how many cars were NOT recalled.












Did you know that Motorola was still around? I didn't. At one point back in the 80s, they were the second largest employer in Arizona, second only to the state itself. Well, Yahoo Tech likes their newest phone.

I have mentioned before that Disney prices are getting too high for me. In Yahoo, I saw a headline that might have explained how bad the company is at math. The headline says the article is about all the Disney movies 'coming in the next 4 years'. The text then says 'Disney laid out its theatrical schedule through 2017'. Hmm. If it is 2015 right now, and the schedule is laid out through 2017, that feels like less than four years.





This is like the third day in a row this week where I have been blogging along and the workday intrudes. What is up with that? So, I need to prepare for my daily 8am call. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: