Friday, October 09, 2015

Old Photos and Old CoV and Old Cookware (Not in That Order)

Open your kitchen cabinet and take a look inside. See how lonely that cooking aid looks in the corner. You know the one I am talking about. Your slow cooker. Maybe Yahoo can help you find new ways to use it other than a roast or chicken wings. How about deodorizing your house? Making soap or moisturizing bars or candles? Read all 10 slow cooker uses here.

I am struggling finding content today, so let's go straight to Clarity of Vision. You know what throwing someone under the bus means, right? Sure you do. You'll be fine understanding the comic, then.












When I was in college, the worst thing to worry about was sleeping late and missing my first class, or those days when the meal was bad and I was forced to have a PB&J sandwich. Now, there are more and more campus shootings. I saw there was a shooting at Northern AZ University overnight with one person killed. It is scary world for our kids and grandkids, isn't it?

It is John Lennon's 75th birthday. That's a weird thought, since in our minds, he stopped aging when he was killed in 1980. Ringo was actually the oldest of the group, and George was the youngest.

A story about the apparent battery life of the iPhone using different chips is shared because of my interest in the media name for the 'scandal'. Have you seen reports that some iPhone 6s models with A9 processors from Samsung have substandard battery life compared to iPhone 6s models with A9 processors sourced from TSMC? In the articles, they are calling it batterygate. Apple is debunking that rumor, but the article ends with this statement, "Now, hopefully, batterygate can join the likes of antennagate and bendgate in the annals of scandals that were quickly blown out of proportion and thankfully died just as quickly as they appeared." So, we've got batterygate, antennagate, and bendgate. Thanks to the Watergate scandal in the 1970s, all of the crazy scandals end in -gate.

Let's look at a photo I played with of a sailboat silhouette from a trip to San Diego. I cropped it down and pushed the exposure a little bit. Once I started, it reminded me of the type of images you see on inspirational posters or something.



















You know what I want to do. Look back and find the original of this photo that I altered a few years ago. I wanted it to look like a period shot, so I made it sepia-colored, edited out cars and people, and added a frame that looks like it was hung using tape or something. I wonder what the original looked like
























While I was looking for photos to share, I came across one of our oldest grandchild from just a few years ago looking all Halloweeny (is that a word?).



















As you can guess, I am finding a dearth of articles to share today (Hmm. Can you 'find' a 'dearth' of things?). Let's start the weekend early. Have a great one, my friends.

No comments: