Friday, October 02, 2015

Mis-Reading The Headlines

License plate spotted on the car in front of us last night (Paul Harvey used to call these 'bumper snickers'): USETH4S

Can you eat healthily just about anywhere? According to one author, the answer is yes. Here is what he says about eating at a gas station:
On a recent road trip, I assembled a surprisingly satisfying, high-fiber lunch from a gas station, including a single-serving hummus-and-pretzel cup, a fruit salad cup, and some not-overly-processed beef jerky. Other gas stations have nice selections of dried fruit, jarred salsa, and high-fiber multigrain chips — not to mention the usual standbys of nuts, trail mix, and granola bars.
He also has ideas for pharmacies, grocery stores, bodegas, fast food places. Give it a read.

Our TV is maybe 27". How large is yours? Well, before you answer, take a look at LeBron James' television. You can see how huge it is by looking at LeBron's daughter standing in front of it.























I am REALLY skeptical about a new app called Peeple that lets you rate people like Yelp does for businesses. I read the following: 'The app’s Facebook claims that its mission is “to find the good in you,” and a post responding to a negative article asserts, “We are a positivity app for positive people!” Only time will tell if people on Peeple use the app to find only good and spread only positivity, but Cordray and McCullough are betting that they will.' I am much less positive that no negative ratings will be posted. Will you use it to rate others, or maybe look up others to see their ratings?

As you know, sometimes when I read things, I put my own interpretation on the words. Take a look at this screenshot from Yahoo.










OK, see the first story teased? Many of you have probably heard before that shaving cream rubbed into the mirror can prevent fogging. When I saw that, MY first thought was, "Of course that's true. However, with shaving cream on the mirror, you can't see yourself either." Did you think that? And yes, I DO use the sink to amplify my iPhones speakers when I am taking a shower on the weekends. On weekdays, MBH is asleep, so no music, plus it is just too stinking early to listen to music.

First off, I do not have an extra $53,000,000... right now. Second off, it would be sooo cool to own a house that is one story above ground and another five stories underground. Who among us doesn't need 51,000 square feet of living space, right? 25 bathrooms is practically the minimum nowadays, so that qualifies this house as a necessity. Four kitchens means my daughter-in-love could stock her own kitchen in our house and cook for us all the time. Yeah, baby.
















Another headline caught my eye. Again in Yahoo, I found the lede of "This Isn't Your Father's Treehouse" odd. My first thought was "Wait. My father has a treehouse somewhere?" because I interpreted the headline as saying, "This isn't his. His treehouse is somewhere else." Then I realized it could also be saying, "This IS your mother's treehouse." Yes, there could be something wrong in the way my brain is wired. I will admit it.










And a cool shot of Steven Spielberg filming Indiana Jones in 1980.

















As my parting gift for this Friday, let's share a Clarity of Vision comic. Yes, a friend is actually leaving the company today, and yes, her mother left last year to become a baker No, I do not know what her real plans are.












Just a few more hours and we can start our wonderful weekend. We have the GRANDS for the next three nights, so I am sure they will wear me out. We will have fun, though. They are only young once, so I want to enjoy every minute with them.

No comments: