Tuesday, October 20, 2015

One Day More... At Work

After a few days off, I am back for my second day of work in a row. I already miss the mountains and the coolness and the quaking aspens. Oh well, I cannot sit and daydream all day...or can I? No, I cannot.

In the past, just around this time of year, our daughter-in-love used to toast some pumpkin seeds for us. They were super-yummy. I don't know if Alton Brown can match her flavor, but if so, you will love these toasted pumpkin seeds.

You know that time we were talking and you said you wished there was a website where you could get new images of Earth from space every day. Next time we talk about that, I will tell you that NASA has set up just such a website. Go look at it and rejoice.

You know that time we were talking and you said you wished there was a website where you could get new images from my vast archive of photos? Of course, you already know about that site because you are reading it right now. So, the other day, we were driving around Telluride and looked to my left and saw this.
























I had Dad pull over so I could walk back and look at the scene a little closer. I was interested in the way the road went into and disappeared in the trees.
























However, while I had zoomed in a bit to catch the road and the trees, I excised the trees and their brilliant foliage around the scene. So, I took another photo in landscape mode so you can see more of the scene. Hmm, these look much more colorful on my monitor at home.
















"YOU get a new car, and YOU get a new car." Remember when that was a phrase often repeated when Oprah Winfrey would have those annual giveaways on her TV program? Now, maybe some people will be hearing, "YOU get to lose weight, and YOU get to lose weight." She has purchased 10% of Weight Watchers. It's stock jumped 90% on the news.

Four fitness apps for your smartphone, and three of them are free. Why not? Go check them out and get up and move. I was wacko busy at work yesterday, but still could have found time to do something after I finished working yesterday, and I did not. Might one of these have gotten me off the couch? I don't know, but I will check them out and decide.

I will place today's CoV right here for your reading pleasure.























Did I mention that my friend at work, Pat, has lung cancer which has spread to her lymph nodes and brain? She is addressing the brain cancer first, although no date has been set. She is not a Christian, so pray for both her physical symptoms as well as her spiritual awakening. As one of her three best friends at work (that I know of. Two of us are Christians and one I am not sure of), this may open a door that lets us witness to her without her taking offense.

You know what happens right about here everyday, don't you? We have to say "See you later" (not goodbye forever since we will both be back here soon). Have a Tremendous Tuesday, my friends.

No comments: