Monday, June 29, 2015

Today's Far Out Post

Are you a 'streaming' listener or do you listen to your own library of songs? As of now, I do not plan to listen to Apple's new streaming service (Beats 1), and I rarely listen to Pandora, even though I do have some stations set up in there. I do not plan to utilize Songza or Tidal. I have 10K of owned material that pretty much reflects my preferences. I do take some of my son's music to sample, but his tastes are a bit more broad. What do you do?

Now, if it is a truly 'far out' listening experience you want, maybe there is a Denver station that can meet your need. The radio station at Smokin’ 94.1, which includes DJ’s named Mary Jane, Ed Blaze, Stoney Reynolds and the owner Gary Ganja, started on June first. Its marijuana themed from what goes out over-the-air down to the décor inside the office space and, for now, it’s still commercial free. I did not check to see if it is available over the interweb, but that would be 'far out', indeed.

You know what's far out? Today's Clarity of Vision, because it comes from the weird open spaces in my mind. Today, I wonder about people saying they have a decent amount of something.












Another far out occurrence in the world right now is Greece shutting down its banks and stock exchange. Would you that you nervous if the US were to do it? Of course, it would. In fact, it is likely this will still affect the US stock market. Greeks are limited to 60Euro ($66) withdrawals per day. Could you make it on that? Remember, that is the total you can pull for the entire day, so food, gas, entertainment, bill would all have to be paid from that. Whew!

Another far out happening this past weekend was that I got t-boned. Yup, I was on my home Friday night and was pulling into a turn lane when a car ran into the passenger door. It seems that the stopped lanes to the right of the turn lane left open a space so she could pull through. Well, I didn't see her coming and, "BAM". I pulled into the next side road and searched for the insurance information. When I walked back onto the main road where we hit, she was gone (I say she, but I am not 100% sure of that. Maybe 60% sure since I only glanced in that direction for a moment). I called the police and they said that because she left, it was a criminal hit-and-run.

Did I mention that it was quite warm and VERY humid at the reunion last week? I snapped this shot of how the room mirror fogged up when we opened the hotel room door. Our glasses did, too, but this illustrates how much more humid it was outside at 9am compared to the level in our room after A/C all night.
























It was a bit cooler (but no less humid) when we hopped onto the boat for a cruise around the bayou. This shot shows members of four of the families attending this year.


















MBH likes many of the true crime stories. She might like this article detailing the escape of those two criminals a couple of weeks ago. I started it, but haven't read the whole thing yet. And a related story describes why normal Americans are fascinated with that genre and these real-life criminal tales.

Who went to the movies this weekend? I did. We went to see Jurassic World and really enjoyed it. Even the kids did OK. Yahoo notes that 'Jurassic World, one of the biggest box-office sensations in history, grossed $54.2 million in its third outing to hit $500 million, becoming only the fifth film to earn $500 million or more domestically. The others are The Dark Knight ($534.9 million), The Avengers ($623.4 million), Titanic ($658.7 million) and Avatar ($760.5 million). To boot, it’s now the top-grossing film of 2015 to date after overtaking Avengers: Age of Ultron ($451.2 million).'













Drop and give me… 82? Yahoo is sharing a list of 82 variations of push-ups in this article. Ever tried a spiderman push-up (see No. 15 below!)? How about an alligator (No. 13) or a jackknife push-up (No. 34)? There might be no end to the different spins (and cool names) you can give this classic exercise, but they've brought you 82 options, arranged into five categories: beginner, intermediate, explosive, expert, and equipment-based.

OK, it's Monday and the week is starting to intrude already. I'll see you on the most productive day of the week.

No comments: