Thursday, June 25, 2015

Custer and Spock and Gordon and Louie

Today is the day that Gen. George Custer and his men were wiped out by Sioux and Cheyenne Indians in the Battle of Little Big Horn in Montana in 1876. I don't think I have ever traveled to the Black Hills, Montana. Have you?

Interesting article on considering the Confederate flag to be as taboo as the Nazi swastika. Yeah, maybe it IS time to put it all behind us.

What? Spock without his pointy ears? That would certainly be a departure from the original.

Raise your hand if you are surprised that the majority of restaurants 'saved' by Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares are now closed. It's too bad, but not too surprising.

While we didn't spend a lot of time outdoors at the reunion, we did often sit on my aunt and uncle's back porch. So, why aren't there any photos of that? I thought I took some, but I cannot find any on my phone. That's right. I said 'phone'. I did take my camera, but I did NOT take the camera battery. And their local Walmart did not sell DSLR batteries. So, the phone was the designated camera. Here is a shot of a bunch of us at the fish camp at Bayou Louie.


















And here are some more of us.


















And even more of us.


















We are coming up on Independence Day (the date, not the movie). So, here is a classic CoV to get us in the mood. See you soon.













No comments: