Monday, June 08, 2015

Donuts and Dragons and A Little Bit More

Do you remember the two things that I mentioned that Friday was? One was MBH's birthday. We had a nice little party at SS's house which included Chinese food and some homemade desserts specially requested by the birthday girl. The other thing celebrated last Friday was National Donut Day. In honor of that, let's look at some world records involving the circular pastry. The most jam donuts in one minute. The tallest stack of donuts. And others that you will have to read about.

Anyway, I did not make it to the gym this past weekend.























We watched the penultimate episode of this season of Game of Thrones last night. A dragon was involved. Whoo hoo. Anyway, since this season is almost over, I decided to share a Map of Every Game of Thrones Filming Location in Real Life. I have not been to very many of them. Did you have to look up the work 'penultimate' above? Did you just skip over it? Either way, you should know that it means 'next-to-last'.














I do not normally watch horse races, but I made an exception last Saturday. I had to see if American Pharoah would win the Triple Crown. *Spoiler Alert* He did.

Are you a member of AAA? We are, if for no other reason than insurance in case we break down and need to get towed. One of the benefits they offer is a monthly travel-related magazine. This month's issue includes an article about one of our favorite towns: Ouray, CO. Not many fun photos, but a nice little article.

Here is a photo I found on the World Wide Web of Ouray. This shot is taken from the West looking East.


















And while I was snooping, I came across this really cool photo of Mt. Sneffels, between Telluride and Ouray.
























And here are the photos that are in my 2015 Ouray calendar for May. First is the waterfall near South Mineral campground.


















And the next one is labeled for our convenience.


















Did you watch any of the Tony Awards (for Broadway) last night? Me, neither. Do you care which shows won? Me, neither. I'll just mention that 'Fun Home' and 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' tied with five each.

I'm not seeing much else, so we can wrap this up quickly. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

No comments: