Monday, February 02, 2015

Sicky McSickSick

Did you watch the big game yesterday? One of the teams won and the other? Well, they blew it with a pass play from the 1/2-yard line. What were they thinking? One thing about watching a game where you don't really care about the winner is you can celebrate the good plays for either team. Or, as I did above, berate a team for bonehead plays. Check out this current meme allegedly showing Pete Carroll's phone.













We do not have Dish Network or I would have made use of this reverse commercial skipper. Instead of skipping the commercials, it skips the rest of the game. Now THAT is good technology, right?

Before the game, though, I went to see the urgent care doctor from 3-4 weeks ago. A lingering cough seems to be getting worse again. So, they took an x-ray and confirmed it is not pneumonia. It is bronchitis. Man, I just cannot get past this lung-related stuff. So, they are giving me a heavy steroid dosage and some more antibiotics.

Have you heard about a new music player from Neil Young? It is called Pono and he claims it plays higher quality music than iPods or iPhones or other players. It is worth it? David Pogue from Yahoo tested it to find out. Spoiler - no, it's not.

I did not pick a theme as I looked through my photos last night and let me interest guide me. It turns out that a couple of solitary photos caught my eye. One is this shot of a picket fence at a lighthouse Northern California. I want to go to a oceanside and get a shot of this kind of fence on a barren sandy beach.
















And another solitary shot, this time of a bench facing a river in Southwestern Colorado.





















But my favorite (and one of my favorites of all my photos) is this one of Dad watching the sunset in Sequoia National Park in 2005. The trees soar above him, carrying the dark of the evening into the last glow of a Western US sunset, while he sits and enjoys it all.





















I danced around it above, but did you watch the game yesterday? Or just the commercials? Or both? We ended up watching both, so I think we caught most of the ads. We liked the Snickers one, the Walter White one, the Mindy one was cute, and the Budweiser one was predictable but nice. We did NOT like the Nationwide one. You know which one I mean. See how Yahoo rated them here.

Of course, watching all that football, plus every commercial, plus Katy Perry's halftime wore me out. How about you?












And there is a funny article about the shark dancing (or not) on Katy Perry's right side (the left side of our TV screen). Did you even notice there were others on the stage?

Have you heard from Phil lately? Of course you know someone named that. Today is Groundhog's Day, and it is Punxsutawney Phil's time to shine. He did see his shadow, so he predicts six more weeks of winter. Accuweather finds he is right 80% of the time.

OK, I need to do a little work before I fall asleep. You might want to get some work done, too, or maybe you could save it for tomorrow. After all, Tuesdays are the most productive day of the week.

Enough chit-chat. Let's kick February off now and make it Fabulous.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I don't think that's the real Punxsutawney Phil. He's an impostor! So, can he be trusted to give an accurate prediction?
(see this article from 2014: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/25/report-staten-islands-famous-groundhog-died-after-bill-de-blasio-dropped-it/)

CrazyUncle said...

That is an interesting (and sad) tale. Luckily for all of us, though, Phil is based in Pennsylvania. The groundhog that went to the ground is out of New York. So, trust and obey, my friend.