Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Let's Not Go To Extremes

Sure, I may have spent the last two days in the Happiest Place On earth, but I sure did see some short tempers, frustrated parents, and really high prices. And now, today, we are back at work, but I don't think it is the unhappiest place on earth. Sure, it's work, but it does pay the bills. So, let's agree that vacationing is fun and work is necessary. At least for me, I cannot afford to do one all the time, nor to do the other none of the time. The Dis is not cheap, though. I saw a Yahoo article saying it is likely that one-day passes will cross the $100 threshold very soon.

I mentioned that MBH and I just returned from a quick trip over to Disneyland in (pretty warm) Anaheim, CA. It turns out that this year is the 60th anniversary of the park, so some big celebrations are coming later this year. That translates into using this shoulder season between the Christmas/New Year holiday and Spring Break to refurbish a lot of things in the park. Critter Country is completely closed down. The castle has been dismantled. Other rides down include the railroad, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain. And the park closed at 9pm on Monday night. Over in California Adventure, Soaring over California, River Run and World of Color are all being refreshed. We still had a good time, though. Here are a couple of snapshots from my smartphone. I have not loaded the shots from my camera yet.

This is how the castle looks right now.
















And here is Main Street at 8:45pm on a Monday night.
















This is a view from between the two parks on the night before we left. The main theme of all three shots is how empty the area is. It was not overly crowded all day.
















OK, you crafty types. How many of you would rather spend a few minutes embroidering a scene in front of you instead of the lazy way of taking a picture. Yeah, me neither, but one lady decided it fit her skillset. You can read about it here and see a few more locations, and one of the scenes is shown below.

















Are you a watch wearer? I used to be, but now, I mostly just glance at my smartphone. If you do wear a watch, is is mechanical or digital? Mine were usually mechanical with a battery (not a stem wind).












You'd think that, after not posting links for a couple of days, I would find interesting and important information to share. That is NOT the case today. I don't see anything else you need to make today (and hopefully, everyday) a better day for all. So, I will let you go with a warning. Do not think every post going forward will be this short. OK?

No comments: