Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday, Schmursday

There was an IT-related layoff at work yesterday. This time, I was not caught up in it (PTL!). Some friends were, and I can truly empathize with their situations.

Let's talk about art. Who IS Art, you may ask? Art is not a who, it is a what. What is art to you? Right now, I am talking about the planning art drawn up by Disney Imagineers as they worked with Walt to plan Disneyland. We found a couple of them decorating the Carnation Cafe in Disneyland.















And there was some concept art on display at Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln. I liked this tree and its sparse design.






















Have you been hankering for some concept art of new NFL helmet ideas? Well, hank no more. Below is one man's ideas and you can see them closeup here.
















Could you solve this puzzle? The category is Event.









Well? How did you do? I didn't figure it out, and I KNOW I would not have in the short timeline they use on Wheel of Fortune. The guy on the show determined it was 'Championship match'.

Have you noticed that there seem to be more commercials nowadays? I have, although as often as I can, I skip them thanks to my DVR. Anyway, there is also a thing where they speed up the shows slightly to add even more time for ads. Check out this comparison of a Seinfeld episode against its sped-up version.

As you have seen (in my photos) and heard (in this blog), our family occasionally visits Disneyland. Some of us are even headed back over there for Spring Break. Anyway, one thing we have never done is hit multiple parks on the same day (Disneyland and California Adventure doesn't count). This couple did just that on Valentine's Day. Disneyland Tokyo, Disneyland Anaheim and Walt Disney World in 28 hours. Whew!

Today, I will share the coffee-related CoV that I started to use yesterday.












Well, the day is already ramping up after the little layoff we had yesterday. I need to jump into a meeting already underway at a cubicle near me. Have a good one.

No comments: