Thursday, February 12, 2015

Slow Down! You Move Too Fast. You've Got to Make This Blog Post Last.

No, I did not load any photos last night, so all I have to share today is one from my smartphone. I shared all the others from the phone yesterday, so enjoy this view of the flowers planted in the entrance to Disneyland.

















On the drive home on Tuesday, we listened to CSNY (you know, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young). One of the tunes was Teach Your Children. I remember that was one of the few songs that my mother used to like from my teenage years. I know she did not like groups such as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, or Blind Faith. She tolerated some Chicago songs.

I did not win in yesterday's Powerball Lotto prize of $564 million. Did any of you, my favorite friends and family members? I probably would have had a much better chance had I purchased any tickets.

I turns out that I cannot use Turbo Tax on my computer as I am not on the current OS. So, I am toying with going to H&R Block's software or maybe just going to a tax person. I did read this article saying there has been some fraud found in people who used Turbo Tax, so maybe it is a good thing that I cannot use it this year.

Where is the closest star to the Earth? Of course, you already know it is our sun. Since mid-2010, what have you been doing? Well, a space-based sun observatory has been taking one photo every eight hours of our sun for the last five years and now, you can see them all in a video that takes a whole lot less time than that. It is kind of cool.

I am sure that you have at least one mall in your area that seems to be dying slowly (or not so slowly). Yeah, we do, too. MBH calls it our 'ghetto mall' now, although it used to be the place we went with the kids almost every weekend. I saw a story yesterday about a mall in OH whose skylights were broken, so recent snowstorms have filled the place with snow. See some of the cool photos here.

As we move between software solutions at work, sometimes things that used to work suddenly break. So, we occasionally revert to manual solutions for things. That happened around the time this CoV was first published.












As you noticed above, I did find a couple of links that I felt we worth sharing today. Some days, though, I have found so many that I can save a few for sharing on slow days like yesterday and today. Well, at least we had a few minutes to sit down, slow down, and enjoy life. What does Ferris Bueller say? "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down and look around, you might miss it."

And with that, I will ask you to get up, get moving more quickly, and get out of here. I plan to be back in 22 hours or so, OK?

No comments: