Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Bridge Between Wednesday and Friday

Every year at Valentine's Day, SS and Daughter-in-love have a little family get-together that includes eats, seeks, and gimmes. I will share the food shots another day, as well as a couple of photos from the scavenger hunt. Today, we enjoy the kids enjoying the gifts. Here's the stack before we started.















And here we are in the frenzy of opening the presents.















I may not be sharing food photos, but I do have a recipe to share. MBH made this peach dump cake to take to a school function the other day, and it was apparently a big hit. So, if you are into cakes that are ridiculously easy to make, try this one from allrecipes.

Did you watch the kickoff episode of latest season of Survivor last night? It is starting off good. I found an article of an interview with Jeff Probst in which they asked him who his favorite winner was. He said:
BEST WINNER
“Man, that’s a tough one. If you look at our show, this is what’s fascinating: white, Asian, Hispanic, African-American, male, female, straight, gay, tall, short, fat, skinny, ugly, beautiful, smart, dumb, old, young. Everyone has won this game—from John Cochran, the least likely, to Boston Rob or Parvati, the archetypes for the manipulative types. It’s hard to pick one favorite winner but I’m going to pick Cochran, and the reason I’m picking Cochran is if I just look at the show from afar, Cochran fulfilled the poster, the premise, when we started—which was, on any given day anything can happen. You’re never out until you’re out. And Cochran is the guy who should have never been on the show. And he turned his liabilities, his social awkwardness—he turned that into asset and figured out how to win the game, and for that reason, he’s the guy you would put up there and say, ‘That should remind everybody that no matter whatever it is you do in life, it’s possible.’”

Next time you are in London, would you like it if there were a pedestrian bridge across the Thames? They are holding a contest for designs and some are kind of cool and others are just weird. Here are some of each. You can see the rest here.

















Back in 2009, I found that I was flagged as 'Ms' instead of 'Mr' in the HR system. How, I couldn't say, and it did get fixed, but it drove me to capture the incident in a Clarity of Vision comic. As I mentioned in a blog post back then, I toyed with other ideas such as hitting a glass ceiling and getting hit on as I walked into the office, but landed on the pity raise as the most comic-worthy idea.












Do you remember that, the other day, I noted that Disney theme parks have crossed the $100 per day mark? Well, MarketWatch notes that is still a bargain. Don't believe. Check out their justification.

Do you remember that, yesterday, I posted some art from etsy? Well, one woman is shutting down her etsy store because the company is allowing wholesalers to offer goods and not just craft makers. Would you buy an imported, wholesale product from etsy, or should it stay focused on individual custom goods?

How about an edible coffee cup? KFC in the UK will offer one later this year. The Scoff-ee cup is a cookie-based product that you can eat after you finish your coffee. Want to try it? Maybe you can while you walk around on the pedestrian bridge pictured above.

I just saw an AMAZING iPad magician from the Ellen show on youtube. You have GOT to see it. He is amazing, and his final trick is really mind-blowing. I am smiling just remembering it.

Check out this next photo. That's a packet of taco Bell hot sauce, right? Right? Look in the upper left corner of the product. Does that say 'tortilla chips'? Yes, apparently TB is testing some chips flavored with their hot sauce. Would you try it? I know I would.






















Yeah! Today I found a plethora of information that I enjoyed and thought that you might. Whether you did enjoy them or not, I hope you enjoyed that I enjoyed them. So, be on your way and check back in for Fabulous Friday fun.

No comments: