Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nothing Personal

As often happens, when I get home from Chorale practice, I don't sit down and work on my blog post for the next day. So, I don't have any personal photos to share. And this is mostly a clip show, so indeed, it contains 'nothing personal'. I decided to look at some shots being offered on Etsy and chose a few to share and comment on. We will start with the Chicago skyline. I like this because they have used a high-key format and it makes the buildings look like a faded pen-and-ink style. I think this is my favorite for today.


















Next is a dilapidated barn, which I usually enjoy. However, I think it needs some additional details around it to make the aging more impactful. maybe some new growth of trees or crops around it to show that nature will soon reclaim this. What do you feel when you look at it?

















Finally, a shot of a stand of trees that has been turned into a negative and had its colors adjusted. No, this is not my style at all. Maybe because it looks SO artificial?

















Would you choose to eat at a restaurant just because it had a clever name. In this article, there ARE some clever names pictured, and yes, I might be swayed by a good name. Then again, if I read about it and it shows $$$ for average pricing, I could easily be un-swayed.
















How many of you had a Slinky when you were growing up? After all, they've been around since the 1940s. How many of you feel a desire to go out and purchase one now? One woman still does, since she has set a Guinness record for the most Slinkys with over 1,000.













Can you say muffins from your Crockpot? Bread from your Crockpot? Caramel Sweet Rolls? That's the claim in this article from CheatStreet. Well, I have a Crockpot. What doth hinder me from making one of them? And there is another story talking about Hot Fudge Sundae Cake and Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Cake. And then Pillsbury touts Slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and a 3-ingredient Bean Dip.

I did recently purchase some crescent roll dough and some BBQ chicken to make something like these crescent pockets. So, nothing doth hinder me from making them.

After our reorg at work, our new VP has some expectations that I need to get in place. So, I will end here and make sure that nothing doth hinder me from keeping my job. You know what today is, though, right? Wonderful Wednesday. And it is one more thing...Survivor night. So, off to the folks for pizza and wings. Come over and join us.

UPDATE: I forgot to include today's Clarity of Vision. Here it is.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Will you be eating said BBQ chicken pockets??