Friday, February 20, 2015

An Early Start to Friday

Let's get one thing straight right from the get-go. I did have an idea of which photos to share with you today, but I did not act on that idea. The GRANDS are staying at our house and I got distracted, so I did not begin the daily blog as per my normal pattern. So, you'll just have to wait until next week.

I do, however, have a comic inspired by the granddaughters having their brother say funny things.












Speaking of next week, can you believe we are already at the end of February? At this rate, we'll be at the end of March in only, like, five weeks.

Are you a Pinterester (is that what you call someone who looks through Pinterest a lot for ideas or inspiration)? I occasionally do so. I have more than one board of ideas I captured in case I get crafty. So, I read an article that asks when is it getting an idea for your own creativity and when is it stealing from another? I will admit that is a tough call. In the example photo below, the original is in the top left, and the others are the way the original designer found that others had copied (including Martha Stewart!).






















Somehow, I came across a new product being promoted on Kickstarter. It is a new way of hanging art and it looks like it could be effective in making it easier to always hang things straight. I am posting it here, but that does not mean I am endorsing this product nor asking you to donate. Still, it IS intriguing.

Have you ever seen the Where's Waldo books? They are surprisingly difficult. A statistician has reviewed where he is in every picture and given us some clues as to how to best search for the little guy. Go look at his research.

Do you have a favorite restaurant? How many times would you say you ate there in the past year? Fifty? One hundred? Could you eat there everyday? There is a man in Utah that ate at Benihana 579 times last year. Yes, you read that correctly. Over 11 times each week. Now, he DID win a $1,000 gift card, but just think how much he spent to get it.

While the Benihana customer must really like the place, the same cannot be said for this Little Caesars customer.

OK, I need to get my workday on so I can head out and spend the day with the GRANDS. Have a great weekend.

No comments: