Friday, January 09, 2015

Why AM I So Late?

After posting yesterday's blog, I realized I was feeling a bit chilled, so I put on a light jacket that I keep at the office. I then realized my cough had increased and my head was hurting. After trying to work for a bit, I knew I was not going to make it all day. Once I got home, I found I had a temperature just over 102F. Hmm. So, I lay around all day and felt sorry for myself, but knew it was maybe the flu or something. When MBH got home, she said "call the doctor right now. You are going in this afternoon or Friday morning at the latest.' My doctor had no appointments open either day, so we went to an Urgent Care clinic. My wife was right since I have walking pneumonia. Two shots and four prescriptions later, I am home and resting. I will be home from work at least through Wednesday. Sigh. At least today, I can open my eyes without a splitting headache.

And Gale, I am praying for you as you go into the hospital for your pneumonia. It's no fun (neither the illness nor being in the hospital).

One thing it does mean is I will not have a Clarity of Vision comic today. Sorry.

Are you worried about the 'leap second' they will be adding in this coming June. When it happened in 2012, it totally messed up the internet. Google has already started getting ready by using a leap smear that adds in a little time every day up until June 30.

Are you a Lego fanatic? If so, you might enjoy this article talking about hoe they reinvented themselves when they saw their product falling out of favor due to all the new technological stuff that kids play with nowadays. Plus, they also began to target adults.

Do you take photos of things (or even selfies) with your smartphone? Of course you do. We all do. Are they worthy of publishing? What, you don't think the cameras in phones are good enough? Check out these amazing shots from an iPhone 6. I don't think I could do that well even with an iPhone 8.

I AM GUESSING NO ONE PROOFREAD this guys book. here is a sample sentence. 'After that experience, the next four years of his life he never took for granite again.' Where would I start on that? the odd word order following the comma? the obvious misuse of 'granite' instead of 'granted'? Ending the sentence with 'again' when that word is redundant to the fact that he is talking about 'the next four years of his life'? It cannot be 'again' since he had not lived those years before. Anyway, that is the kind of stuff you have to overlook when reading books online, and especially those that you get for free.

To my Disneyland-obsessed family, here is a cool video of the construction effort there when they first built it. You can see it was out in an open area back then.

People can do amazing things with digital paint tools, can't they? Look at this steampunk-inspired motorcycle.

















Doesn't it look real? It is! William Shatner had it built for an upcoming trip from Chicago to LA this summer.

Speaking of motorized vehicles, let me ask you a question about your car. Can it do 60mph IN IDLE? Would you like a car that can? One is going up for sale on Jan 17 in Scottsdale, AZ. It has NASCAR brakes to prevent that, but it can do 60mph in 3 seconds or less.

And would like to own your own DeLorean car like in Back to the Future? Before you decide, watch this test drive of one over in TX.

Want to see a butterfly? I happen to have a photo of one up in a mountain valley from 2012.
























I have talked enough for a day when I am posting late anyway. Have a great weekend. Do NOT get pneumonia if you can help it.

No comments: