Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Sounds Better Than Post-Thursday

We made it through this feels-longer-than-usual-but-was-shorter-than-normal-for-me week. I hope yours went well and that you are ready to enjoy your weekend.

By glancing through the photographs in my collection, I found a theme for today's pics. We are going with 'Here's looking at you, kid' because it is people enjoying a view. The quote is from the movie Casablanca and is used four times in the film. We will start with MBH at Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite National Park.






















Next, we will shift to the folks looking over the Park from Tunnel View Overlook.

















And Dad is checking out the view from the Marin Headlands overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco.

















Let me share a video that I saw first on The Soup, but this radio blog includes the specific discussion two people at QVC are having about whether the moon is a planet or a star. Go watch it.

Did you see the recent Lego movie I have not, but I heard it was really good. In a related story, a 15-year-old made this short film using Legos to depict famous movie scenes. This one, I DID see.

Does 'Cheetos Sweetos" sound like a childhood taunt? Well, it's actually a real thing. Frito Lay is introducing a cinnamon and sugar version. Interested?

I have shown you art options before and asked which you would choose. It is that time again. Which painting would you most likely choose for your place?























I think I like Tall Trees I most, followed by Midtown. My least favorite would be Utensil Stack.

I also like Star Trek: The Original Series. It spawned a billion dollar industry with sequels and spinoffs. Today, it also spawned a new CoV.












This photo that I saw online today reminds me why I don't let our dog have the occasional lick of anything with alcohol.


















Here is today's entry from the 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar.

ON SORRY, NOT REALLY
There were a few mistakes to the copy of the meditation article in as much as it read "By isn't I mean everything that you can see and hear, touch, or smell, isn't means everything that is," and it should have read "By isn't I mean everything that you can see and hear, touch, or smell, means everything that is." Hopefully this will now be clear.
- correction, New Age magazine

I think that will do it for the week. I am not seeing anything else in my daily site review that warrants using up your valuable time. So, have a nice weekend and we will share together again next week. TTFN.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Your links were fun.
I can't believe you haven't seen The Lego Movie! Go see it right now!! The Lego link was fun.
I agree with your most and leastfavorite choices regarding the art options, but my #2 would be Water Reflections.
Thanks for fixing the Top Hikes link yesterday.

The Grandparents said...

Belief & Logic, then Green and Grey Abstract

Keith said...

The Grandparents are going all modern abstract on us....