Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday's Thoughts

This first note is being written on Wednesday morning. Why? I came across a couple of emails and even one blog where they mention doing things for seniors. Saving money. Discounts on photo packages. Those kinds of things. Even after I looked at the first thing and knew what they were talking about, my mind still misinterpreted what they were saying. They meant seniors as in people in their twelfth year of school, not seniors as in us old folks.

I think I mentioned the possibility a few months ago, but Nabisco finally admitted it. Red Velvet Oreos ARE a thing, and they will be here in time for Valentine's Day.

"Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...." Do you remember that song? It is an oldie from the early 1970s. It was originally recorded by the Five Man Electrical Band. I thought of that song because I wanted to share some photos of signs today.

Here is one from the entrance to Sequoia National Park in California.






















And a sign from the entrance to Zion National Park in Utah.

















Let's end today's photos with the entrance to Yosemite National Park, also in California.

















And of course, we are coming up to the Big Game in football (you know what I am talking about. The one whose name is trademarked so you shouldn't use it unless you pay them a fee). Anyway, thinking of the game inspired this.












Look at what I just found. This is actually a single photo, using carefully placed objects, a table painted multiple colors, etc. to make it look like four separate ones. Really. Blow it up and check.
















You want some of these, don't you?

















Actually, this is exactly how the cabinet looks. It was carved to look like a glitchy digital image.
















This is like some kind of weird post today since I am mostly using images and few links.

So,. there is still another image of a wold constructed entirely of pipe cleaners.
















Before we close, there is one link that I will share. It is the top hikes for several of the national parks. While I may not have been on the hikes listed, I have been to four of the ten parks listed. How about you?

OK, let's call it a wrap and put this post out for perusal and pondering. Come back soon. I miss you already.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I guess you got so carried away sharing photos that by the time you got to posting a link, you forgot to provide the link.
Thanks for the pictures, though. Fun.

CrazyUncle said...

Oops. Link updated.