Thursday, January 08, 2015

Eight Days and Two Concerts Later

Can you believe the year is already 2.2% over? We are already eight days into 2015. And our multi-church Chorale has already had two concerts, with another coming up Sunday. It's craziness, I tell you. When will the madness end?

The Chorale had a concert last night, so I did not have much time to look for photos for today's blog. I came across a shot of red leaves in Zion back in 2005. I cropped it down to just the leaves and liked the look of it. I hope you do, too.










I am sure you have heard of the Transamerica Building in San Francisco. If not, I know you have seen it, either in person or in movies and TV programs. I also know that you have heard of the Painted Ladies near San Fran. Well, the square in front of the Painted Ladies, Alamo Square, also has a great view of Transamerica. Check it out.






















What song came into my head during this morning's shower? Wouldn't It Be Loverly from My Fair Lady. Why? I don't know. I just suddenly realized I was thinking through the song as I shampooed away with reckless abandon.

Do you have any wine at home? Do any of the bottles have electrical cords? If so, I have just the product for you.

















Does anyone in your family have one of those wrist fitness trackers? We don't, and I haven't heard anyone expressing a need for one. Anyway, if any of the ladies in your household are thinking about it, this attractive leaf-shaped one might fit better in their wardrobe. Just sayin'. It was just announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, so it is probably not available yet.














If you are anything like me (and I pray you are not), you stayed up last night wondering which new fonts were most popular last night. OK, I actually did not see this until this morning, but some of them are pretty cool looking. Just glance through this and see which ones catch your eye.

'Hey! Teacher! Leave those kids alone!' Maybe that quote from The Wall isn't the perfect one for this situation, but it does express the fight between residents and tourists over trying to get close to the famous HOLLYWOOD sign. You can read more about it and see a map of viewing spots in The Hollywood Reporter.

Maybe DASH, 'the best diet you never heard of', best encompasses how I should be eating nowadays? However, regardless of my diet, I don't think I have the time or inclination to get ripper like Jake Gyllenhall did. See how he did it here. And learn about the new superfoods in this article.

I just saw an interesting article lede (what is a lede? It is the introductory section of a news story that is intended to entice the reader to read the full story). It was entitled The now-irrelevant Beatles. What?! Say it ain't so. I did find a video of Paul McCartney teaching us how to play the bass guitar.

In my periodic recycling of old Clarity of Vision comic, we have moved into April, 2009. I skipped over 4/1/09 since it is an April Fool's Day joke that doesn't work yet in early January.












As I finish today's post, I have been listening to Beatles songs on youtube. Right now, it is a bunch of recording bloopers. You can find all kinds of things there. Go explore, and stop back by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I have to admit that as an avocational graphic artist desktop publisher, I found the article about popular fonts to be very interesting! I may not have been up late last night wondering which were the most popular, but I regularly search for fonts that will fit the contextual needs of my current desktop publishing projects. (NOTE: As a poor avocational graphic artist desktop publisher, I can't afford to purchase fonts like those listed, so I opt for the free equivalents and sort through to find which ones actually perform well.
Thanks for the link!

CrazyUncle said...

I did not know that you were a font of knowledge about avocado photography. It is one of the fruits I have added into my diet. I am on the poor side myself, so the link was shared as information and not a purchasing recommendation.