Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Nothing New About Monia

Wow, this walking pneumonia is not so easily cured. I felt quite a bit better for the last few days, but I was definitely worse Sunday night. A lot of coughing. I couldn't fall asleep. Then I was awake from 3:30am-7am. I did sleep for a while until 9:30am. If I take a deep breath (like even form a yawn), I end up coughing. The doc had thought I could go back to work on Thursday, but we'll see. I did dial in for a bit Monday to get some communications out.

Have you ever had a chance to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace in London?


















And they really do have colored doors on private homes in Dublin.


















This is an interesting video about Disneyland construction as narrated by one the Imagineers.

Did I hear someone comment that the fonts I posted about recently were not free? Say no more. I mean it, SAY NO MORE! Some of these fonts ARE free, so check out the link and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Back in November, I mentioned that I had 10,501 songs in iTunes. Since then, I found some additional CDs laying around, and I have my library downloads each week. So, I have now reached 11,641 songs. That, according to iTunes, is 29.7 days of listening 24x7.

What do you day to day as you search through the world wide interweb? Do you only live in Facebook? Just email? Read family blogs (you should say yes to this one, of course)? Do you have some web pages you check each day? I do. Drudgereport, TV By the Numbers, Yahoo, Stuck in Customs HDR Photography, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic, Consumerist.

And Yahoo is how I found out about the fact that Mars, Inc, will no longer make king-sized candy bars. Just when I was going to start eating them.

And I learned some recommended techniques for reheating leftovers from Yahoo, too.

The above updates are all from Monday. I didn't work on it until late afternoon, so I decided to wait until Tuesday and make a single update. Here is Tuesday's post.

I certainly slept better Monday night, so maybe I am turning the corner on this illness. I am thankful I was able to recuperate at home.

Did you know that Gene Roddenberry wrote lyrics to the Star Trek theme so that he could share in the profits? They were never used, but he still got his royalties. Here are the words he wrote:
Beyond
The rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

When you own a piece of clothing, do you wear it more than once? Of course, we don't live on the red carpet where style is analyzed to the n-th degree. I saw this story about an actress who decided to wear the same dress that she wore 23 years before. What? Who would go back over 23 years of photos to even remember that. And who cares? Amazing.

Do you like Cadbury Creme Eggs? I used to get a set or two every year around Christmas, but I am cutting back on sweets. I haven't had one in a couple of years. So, the recipe change in the UK doesn't worry me. It shouldn't worry you, either, since that does not affect out version which is made by Hershey's.

Would you be interested in a $30K, 200-miles-per-charge electric car? You might want to start saving your pennies. The Chevrolet Bolt may be just what you have been waiting for.

Have you tried Sofritas at Chipotle? I like them, but the company wants you to try them, too. Yeah, they told me personally. OK, not exactly personally since I read about it online this morning. Anyway, this tofu blend is tasty, but you can try it and, if you don't like it, you can get a free replacement. Read the details here, and go try one.

Good news about daughter-in-love's grandfather, who is also suffering from pneumonia (his is both more severe and he's got a couple of years on me). He is home from the hospital and resting. My doc had said it was going to make me really tired, and it has, so I imagine Gale must really be feeling the effects. Keep praying for him.

I want to get this posted before lunch, so I will let you go. Have a tremendous Tuesday and check back again soon.

No comments: