Monday, January 26, 2015

The Roof is Too Hot for Fiddlers

I named the post based on today's photos series. One of the songs in the musical Fiddler On The Roof is 'Sunrise, Sunset' (suddenly, as a grandparent, that song is much more poignant). However, I don't usually get up in time to capture any sunrise shots, so sunset it is.

I think all three are from trips to Northern California. I know for sure that the last one is from near a restaurant in Bodega Bay. I stepped outside to grab a couple of shots while waiting for our meal to be delivered. My meal was probably cold by the time I went back inside.



















My camera does not take photos with 1.5 billion pixels. Does yours? NASA does have this capability, and here is the largest photo ever taken.

For the last few years, I have been using TurboTax for my annual returns. However, they changed what the different options handle and which forms they will generate. Some people started using the type of package they bought in previous years and suddenly find out they must upgrade to get the same functionality. Now, TurboTax is willing to give a discount if a client had to upgrade. What do you use? Software or a CPA or accountant? I decided to stay with TurboTax and ordered it again from Amazon because it is $20 cheaper than Target or Office Depot (less than $30).

We are almost out of time for me to skewer Deflategate, so here is one more shot at it.












So wait. Is Memphis #1 or is Boston? Oh, they both are? Memphis is #1 on the Unhealthiest City list and Boston is #1 on the Healthiest City list. You can see how all 50 of the largest US cities ranked here. Follow it up with a peanut butter, fried banana, and bacon sandwich. Thank you. Thank you very much.

Speaking of sandwiches, how about one that includes escarole? I don't even know what that is, but the sandwiches all sound good. First up: a creamy, vegetarian twist on beans on toast, with mashed pintos and avocado finding their ideal foil in crunchy slices of bread. Next up, a happily healthful rendition of a lunchbox standby. Chicken salad is often "laden with unnecessary fat," says the author, so she calls for the filling to be laced with nonfat yogurt, juicy grapes, and bright chives instead. Finally, a classic killer combo sandwich: turkey, aged cheddar, creamy hummus, and green apples. See what each includes at the link.

At least this mother and son had the protection of all that glass as they watched an atomic blast from their house in Las Vegas in the 50s. There are more crazy photos from the past in this story.















Do you want to know what I did yesterday? Actually, that question is immaterial because I am going to tell you anyway. I put the Christmas stuff up in the attic. So, it only took me three weeks to get it done. What, I've been sick. *cough* *cough* It certainly makes the garage look  little better. There is still a lot more to do.

What's up with you this week? Mine looks pretty standard. The only bummer is that I have to work ALL FIVE DAYS this week. Hey, where are the holidays when I need them?

Let's make it a magnificent Monday, OK? I will if you will.

No comments: