Friday, January 02, 2015

Welcome to 2015

I know that I am pushing the envelope, but I wanted to share these before it is totally gauche to do anything Christmas-related. It is a house with Can-Can lights. And the winner of the ABC program The Great Christmas Light Fight.

How many times do I need to remind you that I enjoy interesting graphs. Here is a crazy article showing graphs of things that are not related at all, but their charts make it look as if they are. An example is "the divorce rate in Maine versus per capita consumption of margarine".

The holidays are over, so I know that you have some free time right now. I recently read a really long article and did not drop out before I finished it. It is a blog written about life on the ISS (International Space Station).

This interestingly-shaped image is made up of 32 individual photos from our trip to San Fran in 2013. I tried to crop it, but I liked the full image, regardless of it's shape.











Here's a closeup of a duck flying over the bay in San Diego. It is made up of 1/6 of a shot. I took out the rocks in the foreground and a lot of water around the duck. I kept the reflection below the bird.






















I saw an article this morning showing that music downloads are slipping while streaming numbers increase. What about you? Are you buying less music than in the past? If so, is the reason for it due to downloading? I am buying less, but I do not use the streaming services much. Mostly, I continue building my iTunes library from the public library music available. Yesterday, I downloaded some early Simon and Garfunkel songs. I am glad that the library is "Trying to Keep the Customer Satisfied" (hint: that is a Simon and Garfunkel song. Ha ha).

I saw an article this morning that says attendance numbers at movies are slipping while digital viewing increases. Hey, does this paragraph sound like a copy of the last one? It kind of is, although I am now talking about movies instead of music. Did you see as many movies this past year? I don't think we did, but just because there were not that many that we really wanted to see. I do still want to catch the most recent Hunger games film.

What do you think when you read the 'new challenge' headline below? In my own naivete, I thought they were talking about maybe the new nonstick coatings on the pots imparting their own flavor into meals. Once I thought about it, though, I realized it was talking about marijuana. What did you think initially?







Did you watch any bowl games yesterday? We had the GRANDS for part of the day and played catch-up watching Sons of Anarchy the rest, so I did not. I will say "I'm sorry" to Ex-NZ Niece's hubby. He knows why.

Did you watch Sons of Anarchy? We thought it was like The Sopranos on Harleys, but I read it is based (verrry loosely) on Hamlet with Clay as the King and Jax as Hamlet. It is crass and brutal and foul-mouthed, but then, would you expect anything different from a story about a gun-running motorcycle club in California?

I do not have a new CoV idea for today, but I still have some clever ones from my youth. Here is one from late March, 2009.












I had an idea for a rant to share with you this morning in the shower, but now, I don't remember it. Too bad. I would have dazzled you with intellect and wit and wisdom, which would be surprising for a) so early in the morning, and b) so early in the year. Well, whether you do it through resolutions or just because you want to, you can restart your life again in 2015. Want to get in better physical shape? Want to get in a better emotional state? Want to get in a better spiritual state? We can all do it together. Let's make 2015 our best year ever.

Thanks for reading. Now, it would be cool if you would also comment occasionally, but I will write this even if you don't. It is as cathartic for me as it is catatonic for you. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for keeping us entertained and amused in 2014. Looks like we're off to a good start for 2015!

CrazyUncle said...

Thank you, Preacher. I know YOU wouldn't lie.