Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Blankeez And More

I know that it is too late for Christmas gifts, but there is always a chance you and your family could need this product.




















You can read more about it here. There are other crazy products listed if you go back to see them on that same site.

What would you tell your ten-years-younger self? Would you mention getting ready for retirement earlier rather than later? Would you tell them they can change some things about themselves if they want to? I read an article that a thirty-year-old would tell his twenty-year-old self.

Do you ever wonder how much has changed at Disneyland in the last 57 years? I hadn't thought about it, but I did wonder what rides used to exist that do not anymore. I found a video from 1957 that would show you the types of park it was in its second year. Horse rides, anyone? And to bring you up to modern day Disneyland, here is a time lapse video of both parks in more recent days.

I was looking for photos last night and I came across this one. Do you remember when I shared it before and my comments? No, I did not look back to find it since I would have no idea when it was, but I am sure that I commented on the label below the shot. It says Mt. Rushmore 1.6 billion years ago. Do any of you think those heads on the hillside were there back then?
















Do you look at all the road signs you see when you are driving? I mean, REALLY notice them? It seems Preacher Bro does since he decided to catch a shot of his family near those ever-popular turtle signs.






















Do you like multi-panel art? Here is one that caught my eye, called Midnight Blossoms. It is not so much the exact contents that drew my eye. It is an idea of how I could take a photo (or some photos) and create something similar. Do you ever do that? See something as an inspiration for your own work or craft?














Well, the TV ratings for Sunday are out. What show was #1, do you think? That's easy if you ever check ratings. NFL was far and away the top show with 37.6 million viewers. Madam Secretary was #2 with 11.5 million. Simpsons was #3 with 10.5 million sets tuned in. Here's one that surprises me. Galavant had 7.8 million. It second 30-minute episode only had 6.8 million, so 1 million left after 30 minutes. Revenge had a series low of 3.9 million (I agree. It is kind of jumping the shark now).

Speaking of TV, are you ready for a new one? Check out this new offering from Sony. It is only 1/5 of an inch thick, thinner than an iPhone 6. Crazy, isn't it? Our old, stinking LCD must be 4 inches or so. That is so 2000s, isn't it?

Let's revisit an old proverb.












Can you look like a celebrity by following a celebrity's diet? Rebecca Harrington decided to find out, and wrote a book about it called, "I'll Have What She's Having". It started because she first follow President Taft's diet of boiled fish and mutton. Yum. Read a little about it here.

Have you been sledding this winter? We don't get much snow where I live, but you can sled up north. You'd better enjoy it while you can because more and more cities are banning it due to liability laws. I guess I don't blame them, but it is sad.

I am back from having gone down an internet rabbit hole following Mythbusters links. That used up my time, so we are done for today. Thanks, as always, for going down my own rabbit hole.

No comments: