Thursday, January 29, 2015

Water and Wiener Words of Wisdom

Let's go with a 'river' theme for today's photos. They all happen to be from my Zion National park folder. I recommend you listen to Loggins and Messina sing Watching The River Run while you look at the shots.




















We watched Masterchef Junior last night, and luckily, it don't not have his trademark bleeped out foul language. I have a story about the 'insane mode' button in Tesla cars that will accelerate the car from zero to 60mph in around 3 seconds. The video that accompanies the story includes some bleeped out words. Apparently, the car speeds up so fast, it feels like a roller coaster.

I vote NO to digital driver's licenses. It seems to rife with opportunities to be exploited. What about you? Is your cell phone the be all and end all for you and you would like to have your license on there?

Since we left our last church with all the staff and member changes, we have been to a few different ones, but haven't really found one that we felt was our next church home. Yesterday, the daily email devotional that I get was this one from Hebrews. It reminded me that we need to get serious in our search. Then, at Chorale practice on Tuesday night, the woman I sat next to asked about our search and suggested one where her kids landed after they left the same church we left. I don't know if it is a sign, but it is certainly important that we visit more churches soon.

In an article I saw on Yahoo today, it shows Disney princesses and how their hair should actually look given the circumstances taking place around them. I copied the 'after' photo of Ariel below.















This is a clever way to use the current scandal of Deflategate to advertise your brand.






















Oh sure, NOW IKEA decides to offer meatless meatballs at their restaurants.

It's that time again. You know what I mean. You go your way and I go mine. Before we go, though, I was talking to a coworker yesterday and he said he had back-to-back meetings yesterday and wasn't getting anything done. I wrote it down as an idea for a comic someday, and that day is TODAY!












OK, go.

No comments: