Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Some Looks Backwards as We Move Forward Into 2015

I cannot remember why, but Dad and I got to talking about Yosemite the other day and it made me miss the unbelievable majesty of the Park. So, I am bringing back this photo of Half Dome from 2005.















And because I like them, here is my version of a national park poster from a similar shot from that same Fall trip.






















Do you ever use a product and think it could use a redesign? I don't think that has ever happened to me, but a lady decided the egg carton could use some changes. She wanted it more environmentally friendly, and to have a single carton style that will work for all sizes of eggs. You can see it in this article.

The original Star Trek only ran for three years, even though Kirk announced at the beginning of each episode that "... starship Enterprise. It's five year mission...." So, a group of fans is making their own episodes to fill out years four and five. The sets are amazing and perfect copies of the originals. They have some "making of" videos available here. Go watch them and marvel at their obsession. One of the videos will even teach you the secrets of the captain's chair, including what commercially available chair it is actually built around.

Too cold for skiing in MN? Yep, I knew it was cold the last couple of days. I mean, we were less than 80F here where I live, so I almost had to break out the old jacket.

Color me surprised. ABC is airing a repeat of the first two episodes of Galavant tonight. I guess some TV exec liked it more than I did.

Hey, you Texans, have you ever been to the Salt Lick Restaurant in Driftwood? I have, although it's been a while. Would you call it the most iconic restaurant in the state? Yahoo does. It has a restaurant listed for every state in the union. Look up your state and see if you agree. I've been to the one in MA, also. And Dad, check out the restaurant named for NH. We've been there.

Really? Do we need a new Walkman? And Neil Young, do we need a totally new audio player, even if you say it sounds so much better than players with compressed audio?

Take a close look at the next photo. It is an old Dumbo album cover with added glitter. So, how much would you pay for the cover without glitter? And how much after the glitter? Well, it is less than $5 on Amazon without the added bling, and $100 on houzz.com after the glitter. Let's all head over to Michaels, buy some glitter, and start making 500% profit on everything. Let's go.






















Have you ever heard of Rocky Balboa? Sylvester Stallone's character first appeared in the Rocky movie back in 2006. I heard Sly is considering a new movie here nine years later. Amazing, right? Here is a classic Clarity of Vision using a Rocky theme.












Like sands through the hourglass, so is my time writing a new blog post. And mine has run out for a Wonderful Wednesday morning. Have a great day, peoples.

No comments: