Friday, December 13, 2013

Thanks But No Thanks, Best Buy

We received a delivery from Best Buy on Thursday night. Interesting, since we did not order anything from them. The name on the front was not us, and the street name had three of the same letters, and the numbers were the same. So, USPS brought it here. We opened it and I got a name from the packing slip and found him by Googling a bit. I dropped it by his front porch and left without telling him. I a, sure he will wonder who came by and opened the box but took nothing.

We watched the first Sing-Off tonight. We are still two episodes behind, so don't spoil it for me.The GRANDS said something about judge Ben Folds reminds them of me. That's kind of fun to think of, since I do like him on this program.

Let's return to the amusement park for a bit.

Two kids, B and K, talk to Princess Tiana on the riverboat.
















Two granddaughters, B and K, posing with Merida.























Two silhouettes, Walt and Mickey, in front of the castle.






















Two cube mates talking, at least as envisioned by me 4-1/2 years ago.






















[Friday Final Feelings] We have our department Christmas party this afternoon. Apparently, many people are boycotting to express their discontent with the CIO. True, many of his decisions and the recent layoffs (plus the ones last year where I was caught) seem arbitrary, but couldn't we all just get along? What about you? Would you skip a party to show an executive that you disagree with him? The question for me is...how long do I have to stay there before I can fashionably leave? It's Friday afternoon. I have a Chorale concert tonight. Of course I would like to use the party as an excuse to leave early.

Well, it is Friday the 13th, but I do not expect any bad luck. Hmm, unless I cannot leave the party early. OK, have a great weekend.

No comments: